ISU is currently ahead of us

hwk23

in recruiting (team ranking #29 vs #32 per rivals). This is including Calloway to.

Let's see a 12-0 regular season, brand new facilities, 16th in NFL draftees over the last 10 years, 5 top 10 finishes in 15 years, top 15-20 in athletic revenue nationally and freaking ISU is beating us?!!

JHC, we need to do a MUCH better job selling our program. Also, recruiting is mostly HARD WORK (like any competitive endeavor). Saban, Harbaugh, BB and UM are all tireless and relentless recruiters and have staff recruiting for them 24-7-365. IDK, how are these other teams doing it, find out and do it.

On another note, I read Nebraska has had more 4* and 5* kids visit than any other school. Not sure if true but if it is close to true it underscores how much we are underachieving in recruiting. Nebraska has done nothing in 15 years that compares to Iowa (they haven't been to a BCS bowl in 15 year and have zero top ten finishes). None of the current recruits can remember a time when Nebraska was really good.

Last edited:
We could use King on offense as a distraction or legit threat to help us win games. But why make winning a priority!!??

We could use our new platinum-card facilities; stability contract; and wide-open offense *cough* *cough* to lure in top recruits.
But why do that when there are walk-ons in What Cheer Iowa who grew up as Hawkeyes!!??

I'm tired of people who think sports is about competition.

a ton of 4 and 5 star WR's from CA visited. None have verballed and many are now not listing Ne among their leaders. NE is now offering and going after 2-3 star wrs'.

Well using Rivals is your problem. 247 has Iowa at #25 and ISU at #39 and that's with ISU having 3 more commits.

Scout has Iowa at #29 and ISU at #34 and again that's with ISU having 3 more commits.

Rivals is the only site that gives credit to ISU for having a 4 star. They also don't give Iowa credit for their three 4/5 stars and only give us 2.

Illinois State is hot right now after their win over NW and Spack could get some phone calls from schools looking for a new head coach soon.

It's not that hard to get ahead of us. Coach doesn't care about star ratings nor should he. Just because dozens of websites post lists of the top 250 high school players across America for coaches of print off and stuff in their wallets doesn't mean it's right to do so. it would be so unethical. we like to keep everything old school (pre internet) and that includes play calling. So coach, keep cutting out those high school box scores out of those news papers, hold those kids to their gentlemens agreement. Heck while I'm typing how about a lifetime contract? Don't worry I will still donate my $10k so we can do a 90 million dollar reno and gain no additional seating. I'm sure the 2 star recruits will love the improvements.

in recruiting (team ranking #29 vs #32 per rivals). This is including Calloway to.

Let's see a 12-0 regular season, brand new facilities, 16th in NFL draftees over the last 10 years, 5 top 10 finishes in 15 years, top 15-20 in athletic revenue nationally and freaking ISU is beating us?!!

JHC, we need to do a MUCH better job selling our program. Also, recruiting is mostly HARD WORK (like any competitive endeavor). Saban, Harbaugh, BB and UM are all tireless and relentless recruiters and have staff recruiting for them 24-7-365. IDK, how are these other teams doing it, find out and do it.

On another note, I read Nebraska has had more 4* and 5* kids visit than any other school. Not sure if true but if it is close to true it underscores how much we are underachieving in recruiting. Nebraska has done nothing in 15 years that compares to Iowa (they haven't been to a BCS bowl in 15 year and have zero top ten finishes). None of the current recruits can remember a time when Nebraska was really good.

Yeah because beating them on the field doesn't count as much as beating them with supposed recruiting stars. That was an epic beat down placed upon them and I don't see how they beat us next year in Ames either.

One more point on this. What conference will ISU be in come 6 years from now????? Don't tell me that will not hurt their recruiting in a few years and won't be used against them. We know what is going to happen to the Big 12. Any ISU fan that wants to run the mouth just state the score of the game and ask them what conference they will be in around 2022 or 2023 and then ask how that reality will impact recruiting in a few years.

One more point on this. What conference will ISU be in come 6 years from now????? Don't tell me that will not hurt their recruiting in a few years and won't be used against them. We know what is going to happen to the Big 12. Any ISU fan that wants to run the mouth just state the score of the game and ask them what conference they will be in around 2022 or 2023 and then ask how that reality will impact recruiting in a few years.

I don't think the future of the Big 12 is the point he's making. It's that Campbell is at least on par or close to Iowa in recruiting at present time with a **** program to sell to recruits. They never go to bowl games, plus the uniforms are just atrocious:confused: The fact that Campbell is even in the top 50 is actually impressive. We shouldn't use iSu as a barometer for Iowa. Iowa should beat them annually and should be lapping them on the recruiting trail.

IMO the stars aren't the important part, but indicate those players who appear atop most teams radars. Eno was a 4* who decommitted, not saying that we can't find a 3* to replace him, but even if we do its not the same caliber of player. This was the player that was at the top of our recruiting charts and regardless of who we replace him with at this time the odds are it is not a player that we initially coveted more than him. Meaning regardless of how happy our coaches are with who we landed it is not someone that they initially felt is a better player and is a fall back.

To think we aren't actively recruiting 4*s early in the recruiting process is a joke. The problem is that these guys aren't necessarily showing the interest to keep us in pursuit. To say that losing a top 300 player who had committed won't sting as bad because RB's are "a dime a dozen" is ridiculous. Recruits care about draft classes because they care about winning and results and more than likely a team loaded with 4* recruits should out perform a team of 2*. Losing Eno hurt because not only did he help reach out and help us recruit other guys from Texas, but also just being listed a commitment could help bring in high profile players.

Lineman may be more intrigued in the idea of blocking for a top 10 RB. A class with a solid group of linemen may help bring in a high profile QB which could help persuade high profile WRs to commit. The effects are endless. And above anything else it helps provide hype and excitement for years to come which can also help bring in future recruits.

I don't think the future of the Big 12 is the point he's making. It's that Campbell is at least on par or close to Iowa in recruiting at present time with a **** program to sell to recruits. They never go to bowl games, plus the uniforms are just atrocious:confused: The fact that Campbell is even in the top 50 is actually impressive. We shouldn't use iSu as a barometer for Iowa. Iowa should beat them annually and should be lapping them on the recruiting trail.

And I don't believe you can say that until about 3 or 4 years down the road when these recruits are teeing it up against each other.

Latest posts