ISU has a key injury to deal with vs Iowa

The only way you are going to be cleared to play is if doctors deem nor further harm can come to you if you play. If that is decided, it still is likely that his effectiveness will be significantly affected.

How is this possible even if you are 100% healthy?

I think it has to be more like there is minimal (or maybe low) risk that you would reinjure a previous ailment.

It wouldn't surprise me if he does have the game of his life. Iowa State players have a way of rising to a higher level when playing the Hawks. That and Iowa finding ways to assist the Cyclones on the way to an ISU victory.
Yea I have been so amazed the past three years at how much higher level Iowa State played Iowa, its been insane!!! Sounds to me as if someone is preparing for some excuses if their team doesn't win tomorrow.

Yea I have been so amazed the past three years at how much higher level Iowa State played Iowa, its been insane!!! Sounds to me as if someone is preparing for some excuses if their team doesn't win tomorrow.

I should have clarified I'm referring to the Hawks when they play in Ames.

Iowa playing Iowa State in Kinnick is becoming a different story, thankfully.

if he is injured CPR won't allow him to risk the rest of the season playing this game. If he does then it just proves this game really is more important than the rest of their season.

You ar dead wrong my friend. The fact is the kid wants to play and there are not many games in a year. This game means the same as all games we play. Since it's a in state game...there could be a little more due to the relationships of the platers. But you don't get stupid.

Last I heard he would be at 80 to 90 percent. This is from a team coordinator.

Edit: I am not with the team just connected to some of the people who are.

His injury is an ankle thing, yes? Is it something that can keep getting dinged up all season? If so, that's one guy I do worry about playing. He should probably be a first rounder and it'd be a shame if injuries made him seem like less of a player this year.

I don't know if his injury would be nagging one though, so maybe I'm way off. If it is, here's to hoping that he gets healthy and is a road-grater late in the season.

He has had a painful calcification on his arm around the fracture site since his injury. Its about the size of a golf ball. He was in pretty obvious pain at time last week.

He has had a painful calcification on his arm around the fracture site since his injury. Its about the size of a golf ball. He was in pretty obvious pain at time last week.

sounds fun. getting run over by mr coker shouldn't help.

Considering Iowa has won 10 of the last 14 road games against the clowns, I think you should quit while you are ahead.

Iowa lost one of its top running backs and he doesn't get to play today. If he were able to play today, think he might have made a difference?

Injuries are the largest problem for the clowns. They have absolutely NO depth behind what good starters they do have. Iowa can't afford injuries in some areas.

If Knott can't play or is limited, too bad, as Iowa fans say, "next man in"...just gives the freshman backup some good experience.

But it probably won't matter anyway because Kalina has told us several times that the clowns will play like an NFL team today because Iowa always loses on the road...even though they have won 10 of the last 14 on the road. Guess I am looking at a different trend than Kalina.