ISU has a key injury to deal with vs Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I have it on very good authority that Jake Knott is going to try to play on Saturday with a pretty bad wing. He broke his arm back in April during spring practice, and had been held out of some live scrimmage situations this fall for what Paul Rhoads referred to at the time as 'precautionary reasons'. Not sure if he has re-inured the same break from the spring, but that seems most likely.

He may give it a go but will be a game time decision, likely after warm ups. But he is not going to be near 100% if he does play. He suffered the injury against UNI last week and some ISU fans were talking about this early in the week, wondering if he were OK...

He's not, and we'll see how much he plays against Iowa, if at all. The kid is tough (and very good) so I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see him give it a try if the doctors allow it. He will be in a cast

Definitely a blow for ISU, the kid is a player for sure. You could tell he was in some serious pain at times last week, I think if he can get on the field he'll make an impact in some way even if he's not at 100%, but we'd be much better off if he were healthy.

if he is injured CPR won't allow him to risk the rest of the season playing this game. If he does then it just proves this game really is more important than the rest of their season.

We have seen linebackers play with casts before, or at least try to. He is very good in run support, but also very good in the passing game.

He's an All Big 12 caliber linebacker, arguably their best overall player on defense.

if he is injured CPR won't allow him to risk the rest of the season playing this game. If he does then it just proves this game really is more important than the rest of their season.

The only way you are going to be cleared to play is if doctors deem nor further harm can come to you if you play. If that is decided, it still is likely that his effectiveness will be significantly affected.

The only way you are going to be cleared to play is if doctors deem nor further harm can come to you if you play. If that is decided, it still is likely that his effectiveness will be significantly affected.

is that even possible with a broken arm. Can't it always get broken worse?

is that even possible with a broken arm. Can't it always get broken worse?

With a cast protecting it, that would also have to be something that isolates and immobilizes the hand/wrist as well because if you fall down, you cannot allow any weight to go from that area to the area that is broken. He broke his ulna in April..which is a bone in the forearm (the bone opposite the radius...the radius emanates from the thumb side, the ulna on the opposite side)

I have a feeling he is going to have the game of his life.

It wouldn't surprise me if he does have the game of his life. Iowa State players have a way of rising to a higher level when playing the Hawks. That and Iowa finding ways to assist the Cyclones on the way to an ISU victory.

That doesn't make any sense.

I meant if he did suffer another break then I can't see CPR risking further serious injury for a non conference game. It seems like you wouldn't risk one of your best players' health in week two against a non con.

I meant if he did suffer another break then I can't see CPR risking further serious injury for a non conference game. It seems like you wouldn't risk one of your best players' health in week two against a non con.
I'm sure he wouldn't, as most coaches wouldn't.

if he can't go Jevhon Miller is the next on the depth chart. true freshman with a lot of ability but no experience. Knott was questionable for the Uni game and probably shouldn't have played.

Latest posts