ISU better team. Probably.

this is the "best" ISU team in years and is "supposed" to beat iowa, but ISU finished last year with a losing record, and will struggle to get to 6 wins this year-they are not good, they are just not terrible. Iowa has a very young team, and ISU is at their peak as a program.

ISU was getting worked in the 1st quarter on Sat. If Tulsa doesn't turn the ball over, that is a much different game. Color me not impressed.

Last time Iowa won an opener by a point against NI and ISU came in "rolling" it worked out OK.

ISU has the better team this season. This will be the first time in a while that we will find out if KF can actually coach our guys up in this game. It would be nice to return the favor of winning this game when we have no business winning this game as has happened to us a few times.

I can honestly see ISU blowing us out this time. We have too many problems and lack experience/size in areas where you cannot if you expect to win.

Am I the only one who watched Iowa play? We moved the ball just fine until we got close to the redzone. Defense did really good. We will be just fine. Isu played a Tulsa team that had Terrible qb, put a decent qb on that team and Isu loses.

ISU has the better team this season.

Really? I know the people in this board are often illogical and prone to panic at the slightest hint of adversity, but ISU does not have moar talent than Iowa.

They have better talent than Iowa at two positions: Running back and Linebacker. All of the other positions are either a push or advantage Iowa.

Pauw Whoades has won three woad games against BCS level competition in 3+ years on the job. They are not going to go into Kinnick and beat us this year.

Really? I know the people in this board are often illogical and prone to panic at the slightest hint of adversity, but ISU does not have moar talent than Iowa.

They have better talent than Iowa at two positions: Running back and Linebacker. All of the other positions are either a push or advantage Iowa.

Pauw Whoades has won three woad games against BCS level competition in 3+ years on the job. They are not going to go into Kinnick and beat us this year.

I agree, but one question:

At this point, who do you want? JVB or Steely Pantz?

How dare you attack any post with commonsense and facts. ISU having the better team is not a fact, 3 wins over BCS level competition is a fact.

There seems to be a high correlation between one of the schools sucking in Week 1, and then turning around and winning this game. '05, '07, '09, and last year all come to mind.

I think ISU is the better team than Iowa for the first time since 2005, but I'm not all that confident about this game. Home team has only lost twice in the past decade.

I agree, but one question:

At this point, who do you want? JVB or Steely Pantz?

Neither QB is great, but JVB is less consistent on teh road. I don't know anything about Pantz except he had the game of his life last year, got hurt, and lost his job, and didn't regain it until last month from the guy who lost to Rutgers.

Last edited:
Neither QB is great, but JVB is much moar consistent on teh road. I don't know anything about Pantz except he had the game of his life last year, got hurt, and lost his job, and didn't regain it until last month from the guy who lost to Rutgers.

werd