ISU Benefits from A&M leaving

This is what I was refering to:

"The Big 12 agreed to a 13-year television deal with Fox Sports in April worth more than $1 billion. There is a chance the contract could be voided by the Aggies leaving the conference, which could lead to legal issues for Texas A&M and its new league."

But I am betting AM expected that and thats where this comes in:

"We are seeking to generate greater visibility nationwide for Texas A&M and our championship-caliber student-athletes, as well as secure the necessary and stable financial resources to support our athletic and academic programs," Loftin said in a statement. "This is a 100-year decision that we have addressed carefully and methodically. Texas A&M is an extraordinary institution, and we look forward to what the future may hold for Aggies worldwide"

They outlined their argument for leaving a week or two ago, BEFORE asking what they needed to do to leave. It came down to exit fees. Fox can then go after the B12 and nullify the contract. AM would be totally out of the picture after paying the exit fee, done deal.

You are not a lawyer are you? That statement has nothing to do with the new TV deal. If the deal does fall through then the Big 12 could most definitely sue for damages, and have a very strong case for doing so. My guess is A/M won't know the extent of their buyout until this issue is settled. If the TV deal stays intact with a quick addition, then they will probably get out fairly cheaply.

If the clowns moved to the MWC or CUSA, they would not be able to recruit many of the players they are now recruiting. Their move to a lesser conference would mean that they would get lesser players. Think players from Florida would go to isu to play in CUSA or the MWC? If they moved to either of these conferences, they would be even more irrelevant than they are now. Their athletic budget would have to be cut tremendously.

Latest posts