ISU BBall finding it difficult to sign transfers

If they miss out on DeJulius they'll be forced to sign some really low level transfers who will inevitably be the guys who will lead them back to the tourney (according to their fans). They said Prentiss Nixon was going to be great and then he became probably their least liked player.

About all they've got to sell right now is playing time. I'm sure they will land someone but right now there are better basketball destinations than Ames, IA. I've read that there are over 500 players in the transfer portal, the Clowns will get someone eventually.

Two of their past three seasons have been Lickliter level. Their one decent season in that time they got bounced in the first round by an 11 seed. Over on CF though they still think their program is light years ahead of Iowa's. Hilarious.

Not difficult to figure out. The landscape has changed since Hoiberg was in Ames. Grabbing a transfer or 4 to jump start your program is no longer a novel concept.

I have seen nothing to convince me that Hoiberg will not be at the bottom of the conference again this coming season. Nebbie fans have grown accustomed to mediocrity and worse, but I wonder how long they will want to keep overpaying a wonder child who underperforms despite having a newer arena and 16k fans a night....

I have seen nothing to convince me that Hoiberg will not be at the bottom of the conference again this coming season. Nebbie fans have grown accustomed to mediocrity and worse, but I wonder how long they will want to keep overpaying a wonder child who underperforms despite having a newer arena and 16k fans a night....

True, but if I'm Hoiberg and Frost is still employed I see a little breathing room.

Sounds like they are going to miss out on their latest target in DeJulius from Michigan. All signs point to him signing with Cincinnati. They're now turning their hopes to a grad transfer from a terrible George Mason team.

ISU's recruiting results thus far remind me of a house that sits on the market for a lengthy time. At some point potential buyers begin to wonder what's wrong with it.

Program's performance trending down, coach on the hot seat, can't visit the campus currently, etc............Mr. Prohm has his work cut out for him.

About all they've got to sell right now is playing time. I'm sure they will land someone but right now there are better basketball destinations than Ames, IA. I've read that there are over 500 players in the transfer portal, the Clowns will get someone eventually.
They always do. They’ve lived on it for 20 years. I would guess prolly the most P6 transfers over last 20 years

Sounds like they are going to miss out on their latest target in DeJulius from Michigan. All signs point to him signing with Cincinnati. They're now turning their hopes to a grad transfer from a terrible George Mason team.

They are very confident Obi Toppin’s brother is their’s to lose and is the savior they need. 5 ppg and 4 rpg at Rhode Island.

They are very confident Obi Toppin’s brother is their’s to lose and is the savior they need. 5 ppg and 4 rpg at Rhode Island.

Ouch.

Seriously though ISU being bad doesn't help Iowa. A solid ISU basketball or football team is better for Iowa because it's one more good non conference game on the schedule.

In the words of Marlon Brando, Apocalypse Now, "the horror"

tenor.gif

Latest posts