Isn't it ironic

Playing in the Valley and kicking Iowa's ***.

This year I won't disagree with this. Doesn't change things however. Take all the Iowa kids now playing for UNI, transfer them to the Hawkeyes and I don't believe it improves the overall situation at all in Iowa City. Slightly better than average kids being swapped for slightly better than average kids......

You bring up a good point. Which is that Fran is not very good at evaluating talent, if all of the Iowa kids he recruited were the wrong Iowa kids.

UNI offered Oglesby a scholarship, and he probably would of had a better career at Northern Iowa than Iowa. The UNI schedule is pretty weak compared to the Iowa schedule. If a guy is a good shooter, a lot of it is mental. It would of been a lot easier for Oglesby to have a higher shooting percentage at UNI compared to Iowa. If Oglesby was coming into the Iowa program now, with Iowa getting better athletes, he might of had a lot better career too.

UNI offered Oglesby a scholarship, and he probably would of had a better career at Northern Iowa than Iowa. The UNI schedule is pretty weak compared to the Iowa schedule. If a guy is a good shooter, a lot of it is mental. It would of been a lot easier for Oglesby to have a higher shooting percentage at UNI compared to Iowa. If Oglesby was coming into the Iowa program now, with Iowa getting better athletes, he might of had a lot better career too.
Ogelsby can't shoot when it counts. That's all there is to it. He's not alone in that problem.

1 or 2 games in a career does not make you a good shooter. melissa dixon has made about 30 three's in 5 games. Not that's a good shooter. Do we play a better schedule than UNI? I fail to understand why oglesby would be a better shooter at UNI. Missing a wide open shot is the same at both iowa and UNI. Frankly, iowa has no good shooters. They miss more wide open 3's than any team i can remember.

1 or 2 games in a career does not make you a good shooter. melissa dixon has made about 30 three's in 5 games. Not that's a good shooter. Do we play a better schedule than UNI? I fail to understand why oglesby would be a better shooter at UNI. Missing a wide open shot is the same at both iowa and UNI. Frankly, iowa has no good shooters. They miss more wide open 3's than any team i can remember.

This team very rarely gets wide open shots of any variety other than Aaron White behind the 3 line.

Open shots come from dribble penetration , post guys who demand a double and good passing and basketball IQ, we don't have any of those so almost all our shots end up being contested.

All guys like Ogelsby or Jok that are catch and shoot guys are automatically going to do better when they can play with guard who can collapse the D and set them up.

This team very rarely gets wide open shots of any variety other than Aaron White behind the 3 line.

Open shots come from dribble penetration , post guys who demand a double and good passing and basketball IQ, we don't have any of those so almost all our shots end up being contested.

All guys like Ogelsby or Jok that are catch and shoot guys are automatically going to do better when they can play with guard who can collapse the D and set them up.

The spacing on our motion offense is ****ing horrible. Every shooter comes off the screen just inside the 3 pt line, where they either throw up an idiotic 19' jump shot, or take one dribble and pass. I can't possibly be the only person so sick of watching this antiquated offense, and then having to watch a team like Wisconsin run an offense that spreads the floor and gets open look. I mean 5 years ago Fran was about getting up and down the court, and Wisconsin milked the clock......now it is exactly the opposite

Last edited:
The spacing on our motion offense is ****ing horrible. Every shooter comes off the screen just inside the 3 pt line, where they either throw up an idiotic 19' jump shot, or take one dribble and pass. I can't possibly be the only person so sick of watching this antiquated offense, and then having to watch a team like Wisconsin run an offense that spreads the floor and gets open look. I mean 5 years ago Fran was about getting up and down the court, and Wisconsin milked the clock......now it is exactly the opposite

I'll give you credit for being consistent, Dean.

He was in early on Ulis... I'd say he evaluated that one pretty well. Uhl seems like like he has a high ceiling.

I guess I'm at the point where next years recruiting class will tell me what I need to know. If at least a couple I those guys
aren't logging some minutes next year, I'll be concerned as we need better talent and I think we should be able to see that fairly early in this class as to whether or not we got it.

He was also in early on Jimmer Freddette.

Latest posts