Isaiah Moss Headed to Kansas

Getting a date wuth a prettier girl who might be a better fit is immature? Getting a better job that may or may not work out when you only have 1 year left to work is immature.

Seems to be doing just fine
True, but he could have got laid by the girl next door for the rest of the year. In this case, he may get to hold the homecoming queen's books, while she gets nailed by the five start jock.

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I hope he scores 40 a game. I’m of the opinion that Fran is not the correct coach for this program. I emphasize, for this program. He might do great at another school under different circumstances. Fran seems like a fine enough human being, this isn’t a character issue to me, personally. Iowa has probably peaked with Fran. I don’t see much more from this current coaching staff. The sooner Fran can somehow get exposed and Iowa can move on the better.

Getting a date wuth a prettier girl who might be a better fit is immature? Getting a better job that may or may not work out when you only have 1 year left to work is immature.

Seems to be doing just fine
No, but go right ahead in your self-appointed enlightened position of conscience policeman (Sorry, I guess I should say police "person") for HN. Solid work.

Making impulsive decisions based on questionable logic is immature, and, expected of that age group (or, at times, any age group for that matter). That's not a dig at him at all, just reality. Fran said his goal was to be the "first or second option." That's highly unlikely at KU, where it's very possible that he'll paradoxically get fewer minutes.

The point is that he probably didn't think it completely through and/or received some bad advice.

No, but go right ahead in your self-appointed enlightened position of conscience policeman (Sorry, I guess I should say police "person") for HN. Solid work.

Making impulsive decisions based on questionable logic is immature, and, expected of that age group (or, at times, any age group for that matter). That's not a dig at him at all, just reality. Fran said his goal was to be the "first or second option." That's highly unlikely at KU, where it's very possible that he'll paradoxically get fewer minutes.

The point is that he probably didn't think it completely through and/or received some bad advice.

We ll see. Cant fault him. Are you feeling jilted?

How do you know the decision was impulsive, or that he used questionable logic?
I don't. We are all speculating as to his motives, and this is just speculation as well.

Given what Fran said, it seems reasonable to assume that his motive is to be more "the man," which probably won't happen at KU. If it does, I'll genuinely be happy for him, but, it doesn't seem likely. We'll see if he's on the court at crunch time next season. Had he stayed, my guess is he would have had more of those minutes.

And, to clarify, I'm not saying he made a bad decision. It may work out great for him, but, ironically, he may end up riding the pine more, which makes his choice odd.

We ll see. Cant fault him. Are you feeling jilted?
Are you feeling self-righteous?

Being "jilted" would assume that I'm slamming him and/or wishing him ill-will, which I'm not.

I'm simply pointing out that the logic of his choice is questionable if we assume he wanted to get more of those crunch time minutes, and, that many young people that age don't take the time to really think though life decisions. I know I certainly didn't.

Are you feeling self-righteous?

Being "jilted" would assume that I'm slamming him and/or wishing him ill-will, which I'm not.

I'm simply pointing out that the logic of his choice is questionable if we assume he wanted to get more of those crunch time minutes, and, that many young people that age don't take the time to really think through life decisions. I know I certainly didn't.

But you are OK questioning him and Im bad for questioning you. Sounds like he made a great mature decision.

Last edited:
I like Isaiah, but my cheering for him went out the window when he left Iowa. I would enjoy seeing him not to pass his summer classes, not be eligible for a grad transfer and for him to want to come back to Iowa and for Fran to tell him no.

That's cold.

It's not nice. People will say shame on me. I don't care.

I get that he's a good kid, I get that he competed hard and I don't wish him ill will but I would like to see some karma and harsh reality hit him. He did everything Iowa could have asked him to......except finish his commitment. It really is a kick to the teeth to developmental program like Iowa. It thrives in finding gems and projects that other B1G level schools might not take on, turning them in to players and reaping the benefits of their senior seasons. IM took advantage of what so many players before him have like Marble, Uthoff, White, Jok, etc, but he totally F'd his coach and teammates in the end- the same group of people that afforded him the opportunity to get looks from schools like Kansas. The same people who believed and cared about him for the last 4 years. The same people that downloaded a lot of data, time, resources, love, sweat and tears into his future.

I firmly believe that Iowa wouldn't accept him back at this point anyways. The team has moved on. Evelyn committed to Iowa knowing he was gone. They are working out without him. Which begs the question. How does that work? I know he's still on scholarship, but does he have access to the weight room? The facilities? The training table? Working out and getting better and preparing for this season is going to be imperative for a player like him and now he's supposedly still has over 9 credit hours to make up before August?

He's a kid, people make mistakes. No one is 100% on making decisions - but as an Iowa fan, I don't feel any obligation in wishing him to succeed.

He isn't necessarily on scholly, and with new transfer portal rules, they can do that after the semester. They can also stop giving him access to facilities, meals, etc. They can even stop tutoring and other academic assistance.

Basically, when he entered the transfer portal, he gave up "rights" to certain things. Some of those things can stop the second he submits his name. Others can be stopped at end of semester. If he is still being granted access, it means there isn't the level of animosity some perceive, or it may just mean Fran and Co. realize there is no sense trying to hold the kid back his last summer on campus. Then again, he may just be doing classes online and could already be in Lawrence.

I know, at this point, I don't really care. He made his choice, Fran and Co. seem to have no problem with it, so let life go on.

"Committing" to Iowa, then "committing" to Arkansas, then "committing" to Kansas. The last two "committing" scenarios happened in a span of three weeks.

Committment has a different meaning than the literal meaning. Iowavis s right to work state. Employer and employee commit but can end at any time.He has 1 year left. He can use it to the best of his interest. Decent shot at a conference championship. Ilikely top 10 all year long. Decent shot at significsnt minutes.

Sounds pretty mature to me.

Committment has a different meaning than the literal meaning. Iowavis s right to work state. Employer and employee commit but can end at any time.He has 1 year left. He can use it to the best of his interest. Decent shot at a conference championship. Ilikely top 10 all year long. Decent shot at significsnt minutes.

Sounds pretty mature to me.

WTF with "right to work" bullshit? It's real simple. He committed to Arkansas before being qualified as a grad transfer. He then withdrew and committed to Kansas. Again, without having qualified as a grad transfer. Should he fail to graduate, would you consider that "mature", as well?

WTF with "right to work" bullshit? It's real simple. He committed to Arkansas before being qualified as a grad transfer. He then withdrew and committed to Kansas. Again, without having qualified as a grad transfer. Should he fail to graduate, would you consider that "mature", as well?

It was a good decision. You are jilted.

It was a good decision. You are jilted.

Not jilted at all. Dude, you got a complex. It's almost--but not quite--creepy.

Will it be a good decision if he doesn't play much? Will it be a good decision if he doesn't graduate on time? You still haven't answered that.

Not jilted at all. Dude, you got a complex. It's almost--but not quite--creepy.

Will it be a good decision if he doesn't play much? Will it be a good decision if he doesn't graduate on time? You still haven't answered that.

In this case yes. In your case, you seem way over the top upset by this. He's a young guy. He can get his degree. You sure sound like someone we all know and love. It's creepy.

In this case yes. In your case, you seem way over the top upset by this. He's a young guy. He can get his degree. You sure sound like someone we all know and love. It's creepy.

I've made about three posts in the whole thread.

<<In this case yes>>

So...if he fails to graduate this summer...which means he can NOT be a grad transfer...you think he made a good choice? Got it.

This is me being jilted, but I'd love for KS to face a post season ban - or like levy it on themselves in hopes of escaping a bigger sanction from the NCAA this season. Sorry, I am not sorry, but I just can't and won't root for this to be a success.

I'm liking this side of you.
I'm a petty bitch. I know deep down inside, that's not how I should act, but IMO, I am a fan and it's "ok" for me to feel this way. I don't wish for bad things to happen to IM. I hope he does have a good life. He's a tremendous kid I am sure. I just don't want this move, at least perception wise, to be considered a good move for him.