Is Tiger Woods washed up now or is it a slow death?

Heard Rory say today that he has added 7lbs of muscle over the last 8 weeks....which has added to his length. So, Tiger could not have done the same when he was 25 yrs old?

Heard Rory say today that he has added 7lbs of muscle over the last 8 weeks....which has added to his length. So, Tiger could not have done the same when he was 25 yrs old?

Tiger is bigger now than 2000 when he was 24 and winninghis grand slam. Even Haney made note of it last year.

"My opinion is he did too much of that. He does a lot of the gym stuff. I know you need to do some for golf, no doubt about it. You need to be in shape, you need to avoid injury, but my opinion is he really overdoes that … He looks like he's gained more muscle mass. When he was thinner and younger he was actually faster then. The strength maybe helps you get out of the rough but I'd agree that he's overdone it. But he loves to work out."

TigerGif_6.gif

Tiger has also spent time in the past training with Navy Seals and it was rumored that's where he hurt his knee in 2007. The guy is a typical narcissit when it comes to body image, so much that it was rumored he refused to wear shorts in public because he didn't like how small his calves were.

Tiger is bigger now than 2000 when he was 24 and winninghis grand slam. Even Haney made note of it last year.

"My opinion is he did too much of that. He does a lot of the gym stuff. I know you need to do some for golf, no doubt about it. You need to be in shape, you need to avoid injury, but my opinion is he really overdoes that … He looks like he's gained more muscle mass. When he was thinner and younger he was actually faster then. The strength maybe helps you get out of the rough but I'd agree that he's overdone it. But he loves to work out."

TigerGif_6.gif

Tiger has also spent time in the past training with Navy Seals and it was rumored that's where he hurt his knee in 2007. The guy is a typical narcissit when it comes to body image, so much that it was rumored he refused to wear shorts in public because he didn't like how small his calves were.

Man, looking at those swings it makes you wonder why someone would make a swing change? But with Tiger, his body couldn't handle it. Tiger needs to sit the rest of the year, and make sure he's healthy. Then, I would be calling Butch Harmon and get back to playing golf, not over thinking every swing you make.

Man, looking at those swings it makes you wonder why someone would make a swing change? But with Tiger, his body couldn't handle it. Tiger needs to sit the rest of the year, and make sure he's healthy. Then, I would be calling Butch Harmon and get back to playing golf, not over thinking every swing you make.

Who knows what type of swing Tiger will be capable of when he returns, but I agree with you that his swing was never better than it was with Butch Harmon.

I dont understand why a great golfer like tiger needs to put so much side to side movement of the ball into his swing. You would think he could be very good at hitting a straight ball or close to staight. Hit is straight off the tee, keep it in the short grass, hit high, long irons, instead of these big fades and low draws

I dont understand why a great golfer like tiger needs to put so much side to side movement of the ball into his swing. You would think he could be very good at hitting a straight ball or close to staight. Hit is straight off the tee, keep it in the short grass, hit high, long irons, instead of these big fades and low draws

That's a good question, but I think that's what made Tiger so good. He could get the ball close to the hole from any location. Now he tries to do that and he can't because of his short compact swing. The guy has bulked up and broken down his body so much that he can't swing like he could.

Well, I snuck back to the nurse's station to make this post. Bottom line is he is struggling mentally and physically since the PGA told him to clean up his act. Also, I agree he needs to go back to Butch. Sean Foley has not been beneficial for him, just read Sean's monthly contributions to Golf Digest. Duh.

I am watching the golf channel right now and they are showing Rory on the practice tee. Announcer: "Rory powered 10 drives over 300 yds in the final round at Bridgestone. Where is the power coming from"? Announcer #2: "As you swing better, the club go's faster".
Translation: Rory is stronger. Tiger put it best when he said "everyone is lifting now". And Canadian doctors keep getting richer and richer.

I am watching the golf channel right now and they are showing Rory on the practice tee. Announcer: "Rory powered 10 drives over 300 yds in the final round at Bridgestone. Where is the power coming from"? Announcer #2: "As you swing better, the club go's faster".
Translation: Rory is stronger. Tiger put it best when he said "everyone is lifting now". And Canadian doctors keep getting richer and richer.

Look, it doesn't take He-Man to hit a driver 300 yards with today's equipment technology. If I can do it with my inefficient swing and 80-year-old-man back, I am sure that every PGA Tour member can do it.

Rory's drives were more remarkable for accuracy than distance. All PGA golfers can hit it 300+ yards, but not many have the confidence in their accuracy to hit fairways as narrow as last week's at 300+ yards.

Also, I have no idea what the reference to Canadian doctors means.

The game these guys play is not like what any of us play...period. Rory was asked about he added strength and he said he always had the speed, but not the strength to hold the swing thru out the finish. Rory has the best damn balance on his drives of anyone out there right now, by far. It is a beautiful swing to watch....the guy is swinging very hard, but is totally in balance right thru the finish.

It will be interesting to see if any of the guys who pop up from the Biogenisis scandal (reportedly 85+ names) are from the golf world....could be.

#1 - Tiger has arrived in Kentucky and has a practice tee time of 2 today.

#2 - I am conviced that Rory is on something. His change in stature, strength, and facial feature changes make me think it's HGH. The guy looks like he aged 10 years in a matter of months.

Look, it doesn't take He-Man to hit a driver 300 yards with today's equipment technology. If I can do it with my inefficient swing and 80-year-old-man back, I am sure that every PGA Tour member can do it.

Rory's drives were more remarkable for accuracy than distance. All PGA golfers can hit it 300+ yards, but not many have the confidence in their accuracy to hit fairways as narrow as last week's at 300+ yards.

Also, I have no idea what the reference to Canadian doctors means.

Of course accuracy is much more important than distance. What the announcer is saying is that the harder you swing, the better chance you have of ending up in the wrong fairway. The easier it is for you to hit the ball 300 yds, the more accuracy you will have. Look at Tiger, look at Rory. Can you say linebacker?

Regarding Canadian doctors, have you been living under a rock?

Of course accuracy is much more important than distance. What the announcer is saying is that the harder you swing, the better chance you have of ending up in the wrong fairway. The easier it is for you to hit the ball 300 yds, the more accuracy you will have. Look at Tiger, look at Rory. Can you say linebacker?

Rory can't be more than 170 pounds. So unless we are talking about high school, he isn't playing linebacker any time soon.

As to living under a rock, I had incorrectly thought that Galea was from the Miami area, which is consistent with the Miami-ness of the sicheashun.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/golf/rory-mcilroy-not-ready-to-launch-rory-era-just-yet_793299.html

This article quotes Rory at a personal high of 160 pounds. That is not at all unattainable without PEDs.

I don't know, but fighting ancient viking gods in Valhalla with a bad back is tough enough without the naysayers and second-guessers and haters.

Tiger had a pain-free nine holes at Vahalla today and he will be teeing up tomorrow at 8:30 am....says his injury last week was unrelated to his surgery....hooray!

Tiger had a pain-free nine holes at Vahalla today and he will be teeing up tomorrow at 8:30 am....says his injury last week was unrelated to his surgery....hooray!

i've heard that before. and, yes, it could very well be unrelated to his surgery. that doesn't mean he isn't having a new or different disc issue.

i've heard that before. and, yes, it could very well be unrelated to his surgery. that doesn't mean he isn't having a new or different disc issue.

Exactly. Someone who has been putting that ammount of tork on their back for as many years as tiger has is bound to have issues add they get older. More than one.

Watson should just go ahead and name himself to the Ryder Cup team.

Even par after Round 1. How is the old man doing this?

Latest posts