Is Tiger Woods washed up now or is it a slow death?

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all! He done. He WAY done.

Steroids and growth hormone have wrecked his back. He paid a heavy price to make himself look like a linebacker. Now he ain't so swole as he once was, his back is trashed, and his game is vanished.

He gone.

CBS golf analyst Peter Kostis did a great job on today's coverage of showing Tiger's full swing in 2000, 2007, and 2013 and now.

The telling part was in starting the 2000 and 2013 swings at the same time tiger, who was farther from the ball in 2000, was just finishing his backswing at the same time that in 2013 he was at the downswing impacting the ball. Kostis said this amazing attempt to generate speed has just caused way too much compression in the back and Tiger has been 'body' swinging and hitting the ball for about 8 years now.

And now he has the chip shot yips and his putting has been spotty for several years so I dont see him winning any majors.

After playing so poorly at the Memorial did anyone see anything better than his 156 to miss the US Open cut at +15.

He cant putt, he cant drive, he cant chip. And his once deadly iron game is just average.

He is a below average pro now ranked about 190th. I was never a big fan of his dad, his entourage, and his antics but this is really sad to see.

It is basically like Ian Baker-Finch going from British Open champ to cant break 80 in two years time.

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all! He done. He WAY done.

Steroids and growth hormone have wrecked his back. He paid a heavy price to make himself look like a linebacker. Now he ain't so swole as he once was, his back is trashed, and his game is vanished.

He gone.

you don't need to take growth hormones and steroids to 'wreck your back'.

but if you have an over-torqued swing that you have used to generate what was once the distance to dream of - yeah, that could do harm to the low back and knees.

i seriously doubt the reason for his demise is physical anyway - he's been a head case for several years now. and at this level, if your head isn't in the game - forget about it.

you don't need to take growth hormones and steroids to 'wreck your back'.

but if you have an over-torqued swing that you have used to generate what was once the distance to dream of - yeah, that could do harm to the low back and knees.

i seriously doubt the reason for his demise is physical anyway - he's been a head case for several years now. and at this level, if your head isn't in the game - forget about it.

He won 5 times and was the player of year in 2013 granted none of them were majors, but he was still playing good golf. He is a headcase now, but isn't that far removed from competitive high level golf.

Unless something changes I'd say he's done. He's just not accurate with his driver or anything else. You have to hit fairways so you can be accurate with your 2nd shots. And even when he's been in the fairway he can't hit his irons very well. I assume at that level it's all mental. He can still hit the ball well enough to compete. Didn't that Duval guy go from the top of the mountain to being a bum? Golf is just a brutal sport. Glad I only do it for fun once or twice a summer tops.

He won 5 times and was the player of year in 2013 granted none of them were majors, but he was still playing good golf. He is a headcase now, but isn't that far removed from competitive high level golf.

ok, close to 'several years'. is 3 officially 'several'? :)

It figures that Phil Mickleson would be the one to chuck one into the drink to clinch the Ryder Cup for Europe.

Those courses over there require patience and precision, not some drunk mad bomber. Phil shouldn't haven't been on the team.

Of course similiar things have been said about Arnold Palmer as well. But Arnie was man of the people. Phil comes of far too often as an arrogant whiner. I'm sure he will say the fans were heckling him or something.

I don't know how Phil made the team. He's been average to below average at the biggest tournaments.

Masters: T36
US Open: T48
British Open: 24
PGA: MC
Players: MC

Latest posts