Is this the year

hwkifan4evs

that Boise finally plays for the BCS Championship? With Oklahoma going down and LSU and Bama playing in 2 weeks it sets up for that. Okie plays OSU at the end of the year leaving BSU sitting there ready to pounce on the 2 spot. I think they lay an egg before the end of the year and lose but this might be their best year to get there.

Works for me.

They will get destroyed by Bama or LSU.

Will probably get Delaney a little more interested in fast-Tracking the Superconference move.

I'll never count out Boise against anybody with a month and a half to prepare, there coaching staff is flat out creative and impressive. Do I think there talent level matches bama or lsu? NO Is there coaching staff better...YES

This is probably their best shot.

They need TCU to be 7-2 and have climbed back into the top 25 when they play them and for Georgia to play well for the rest of the season.

They need a little help, but so many of the remaining undefeated teams play each other, it's probably 50/50 at worst (provided Boise can win out).

Gawd I hope not... I like watching Boise play, and do agree that their coaching staff is very good.

But if they crave legit respect, they gotta get into a tougher conference/schedule. Imagine how good the Hawks could be if we only had to focus on 2-3 big games a year, and phone in the other games??

Not having to play teams with big players and talented threats week in/week out, is a tremendous advantage... allows you to rest your starters as needed and get your 2nd/3rd string players playing time.

Gawd I hope not... I like watching Boise play, and do agree that their coaching staff is very good.

But if they crave legit respect, they gotta get into a tougher conference/schedule. Imagine how good the Hawks could be if we only had to focus on 2-3 big games a year, and phone in the other games??

Not having to play teams with big players and talented threats week in/week out, is a tremendous advantage... allows you to rest your starters as needed and get your 2nd/3rd string players playing time.

The only problem with that is that their academics are AWFUL. The Pac-12 doesn't want them because they have the standards of a community college. The Big 12 is the only possible fit for them that gives their schedule legitimacy.

It wouldn't bother me at all, and with a month to prepare they could beat anyone. And if they won, you'd all come up with more excuses about why BCS teams can't/don't beat them.

I don't get why so many people hate them - I think they're a great program and a great story.

It wouldn't bother me at all, and with a month to prepare they could beat anyone. And if they won, you'd all come up with more excuses about why BCS teams can't/don't beat them.

I don't get why so many people hate them - I think they're a great program and a great story.

Pretty sure you answered your question.

They play garbage teams all season with 1 good team on their schedule that they prepare for for months... Yeah, when does Iowa get the chance to do that? Do we just prepare for Nebraska all season long so that we can make sure we beat them? No... because we have an entire regular season of games that could go either way.

We play in the Big Ten. Same with teams in other good conferences like the SEC or the Big 12.

People hate on them because they think they deserve respect that they haven't earned.

Sure, they have a good coaching staff, but if they played in the SEC or the B1G they would not be going undefeated every season.. they would be a 3 loss team on a regular basis.

I hope that helps.

Pretty sure you answered your question.

They play garbage teams all season with 1 good team on their schedule that they prepare for for months... Yeah, when does Iowa get the chance to do that? Do we just prepare for Nebraska all season long so that we can make sure we beat them? No... because we have an entire regular season of games that could go either way.

We play in the Big Ten. Same with teams in other good conferences like the SEC or the Big 12.

People hate on them because they think they deserve respect that they haven't earned.

Sure, they have a good coaching staff, but if they played in the SEC or the B1G they would not be going undefeated every season.. they would be a 3 loss team on a regular basis.

I hope that helps.

And yet with a month to prepare, all the teams in the Big Ten not named Iowa can't do jack in their bowl games. Why is that? Too worn down from vicious battles against Indiana and Minnesota?

If Boise wins out and there aren't multiple other undefeated teams, it's time to give them a chance. They would have had two losses in four years, with wins over Oregon, Georgia, Virginia Tech, and a TCU team that was ranked #4 at the time. I don't care what league you're in-- that's pretty damn impressive.

And yet with a month to prepare, all the teams in the Big Ten not named Iowa can't do jack in their bowl games. Why is that? Too worn down from vicious battles against Indiana and Minnesota?

If Boise wins out and there aren't multiple other undefeated teams, it's time to give them a chance. They would have had two losses in four years, with wins over Oregon, Georgia, Virginia Tech, and a TCU team that was ranked #4 at the time. I don't care what league you're in-- that's pretty damn impressive.

Three wins over overrated BCS teams plus TCU? Whoop-de-doo. Iowa State has more wins against BCS teams the last four years as BS U does. They don't deserve a shot at the national title.

Three wins over overrated BCS teams plus TCU? Whoop-de-doo. Iowa State has more wins against BCS teams the last four years as BS U does. They don't deserve a shot at the national title.

Boise had a tougher regular season strength of schedule last year than Wisconsin did and have had a much tougher schedule than the Badgers again this season (31st vs. 108th).

Boise had a tougher regular season strength of schedule last year than Wisconsin did and have had a much tougher schedule than the Badgers again this season (31st vs. 108th).

Tougher schedule than Wisconsin this year? Wisconsin had a soft schedule early but they are in the B10.

So essentially what your inferring is that the duffs that Boise has played(going to play)year is better than Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois, or Nebraska?

Opponent record
Georgia 5-2
Toledo 5-3
Tulsa 4-3
Nevada 4-3
Fresno St 3-5
Colorado St 3-4
Air Force 3-4
UNLV 1-5
TCU 5-2
SD St 4-2
Wyoming 4-2
New Mexico 0-7

Ohio State (4-3) had problems early, but with their talent they will be competitive in all their remaining games. Illinois (6-2) has taken a two game slide but they started out with 6 wins but they have hit the hard part of their schedule and will probably still end up with 8 or more wins. Nebraska (6-1) has a showdown this weekend with Michigan State (6-1)that sets up the Legends qualifier to Indianapolis. Penn State (7-1) will probably end up with 9 or more wins and may be in Indianapolis.

Latest posts