Is this the new basketball uniform top?

I thought the players had input in the process. Wasn't it a few years ago the players picked the design that looked like their shirts were hanging halfway down their shorts?

This isn't Oregon, the players might get to look at 3 or 4 of next years generic designs that Nike gives out to the lower tier schools and point out which one they like. Those 4 will all have the same font, number style, and color scheme with just slightly different beading and logo placements

Not that these are bad, just bad memories. For the folks that were around in the early 80's, the uni's were considered some of the best. T Davis also brought a change in when he came and those were more traditional, but classy. I liked both of those styles better.

Based on Fran's approach so far, I would expect a change. The uniforms may be free anyway, since they most are cookie cutter style (Ohio St, Syracuse, etc). Nike just wants its image and name out there.

Expect Fran to make a change if he has anything to do with it. No reminders of the past few years, please.

Based on Fran's approach so far, I would expect a change. The uniforms may be free anyway, since they most are cookie cutter style (Ohio St, Syracuse, etc). Nike just wants its image and name out there.

Expect Fran to make a change if he has anything to do with it. No reminders of the past few years, please.

Ohio St and Syracuse are two of the schools that actually have custom designs unlike any others. Along with Duke, Oregon, AZ, Kentucky and probably a couple others.

Those look a lot like the ones we had before the ones they have now. I would definitely be in favor of a switch, the Black on Black uni is absolutely a crime.

While I love the dark side, Darth Vader and I agree that the black on black uniforms look stupid. Stupid as in the normal definition of stupid, not stupid as in awesomely great. Only Darth Vader should be dressed in all black.

While I love the dark side, Darth Vader and I agree that the black on black uniforms look stupid. Stupid as in the normal definition of stupid, not stupid as in awesomely great. Only Darth Vader should be dressed in all black.
Why does the emperor wear all black?

Ohio St and Syracuse are two of the schools that actually have custom designs unlike any others. Along with Duke, Oregon, AZ, Kentucky and probably a couple others.

Yeah, Nike Elite teams, MSU, Gonzaga, St Johns, Texas are some others in addition to the ones you listed, all get custom uniforms, while most of the other teams Nike provides uniforms for choose from basically cookie-cutter designs. Iowa State had a problem two years ago getting the color of red they wanted on their uniforms since they weren't a Nike Elite team.

Our last two sets might have been custom. The Alford unis with the triangles on the jerseys and shorts were subsequently used by a lot of teams, but AFAIK we were the first. I haven't seen anybody else with the same style as our current ones - Purdue uses the same huge collar but that's it.

Latest posts