Is this the game "Hawkeye the Dog" makes an appearance?

Iowatailgate

University of Iowa-Football made this post on facebook this afternoon:

"Fans are encouraged to be seated by 5:40p & take part of a special night w/Kinnick's 1st card stunt on nat'l TV +another surprise!"

"Plus another surprise..."
The Card Stunt will be patriotic with the red,white, and blue colors.
University said awhile ago that the Dog would make an appearance at one of the home games. This seems like the perfect opportunity...
Either that or a flyover is always possible again.

Wasn't it supposed to be for the MSU game? I thought it was because that game is closest to Veteran's Day.

When the University released that statement awhile back, I thought they had said they were considering it for 1 of the 2 November home games. I could be wrong though.

There are some rumors of a uniform surprise. Not Nike Combat(thank God), but a possible surprise.

Its either a uniform thing (unlikely but possible with the preseason hype from recruits and equipment managers), the dog thing (will be extremely tearjerkeing), or a flyover.

I just have this gut feeling, even before seeing this from the UI, that there might be some kind of uniform surprise coming. With all the recruits there and all the talk about how stale and old our offense etc. is, we need to make a splash with the recruits and this is the night to do it.

"Fans are encouraged to be seated by 5:40p & take part of a special night w/Kinnick's 1st card stunt on nat'l TV +another surprise!"

...A defense that can get off of the field?

I'm hoping that it is a flyover coupled with the cards. I'm also hoping that Hawkeye (dog) is there tonight as that is a truly touching story.

I wouldn't mind it if they did a uni change, but for the love of God, don't make it anything overly terrible and a complete deviation from what has been our staple.

The card stunt will be on "national tv" at 5:40? Are they considering BTN national?
Yeah, I was kind of like :confused: at that.

The card stunt will be on "national tv" at 5:40? Are they considering BTN national?

There is nothing to consider, the BTN is national. You can get the game if you want even if you live in California or Florida. ABC regional games show different games in different parts of the country therefore they aren't classified as national games.

Just because it isn't on a basic package in parts of the country doesn't mean those parts of the country can't get the BTN and watch games.

The 1985 Hawks were the first to don the ANF stickers. October 19, 1985 was the Iowa/Michigan Houghtlin kick heard round the....state. My guess...

1985 throwback unis.
Chuck Long and Houghtlin as honorary captains.

The 1985 Hawks were the first to don the ANF stickers. October 19, 1985 was the Iowa/Michigan Houghtlin kick heard round the....state. My guess...

1985 throwback unis.

Aren't the 1985 unis and the current ones pretty much exactly the same with the exception of a couple of very minor changes.

1985 throwback unis.

Jared Devries has already been named honorary captain for tomorrow.

Latest posts