Is this the beginning of the end?

I don't like the begining of some things like my exams and the ending of some things like a intresting movie. Well, my exams are very close and I am very tensed because I don't have full preparation of my exams and for that I am taking help from the online writers of a website https://www.aresearchguide.com/pay-for-essays-online.html where people pay for essays online and now I am little bit relax for my preparation. BTW thanks for the topic. I liked it.
I mean what's the point of paying for school if you're paying somebody else to do the work for you? Isn't the point of it to learn something?

I'm not one to overreact and go apeshit crazy over one early season loss, or a recruiting miss, but I can't help but wonder if Fran has reached his plateau, and that the timing is right for an agonizing downward program spiral. It just has that "feel" to it.

1. A team that supposedly was going to refocus on defensive principals ironically looks like it might even be worse. Poor ball reaction, poor close-outs, failure to rotate or prevent dribble penetration, etc.

2. A roster that is almost devoid of athleticism. Interspersed with a couple of games where the stars align and we look terrific, we will get punished big time in numerous games this season. You can book that, and

3. No matter how much we try to spin it, quite possibly Fran's worst recruiting class to date. Yes, we all know there exists "potential" for players to develop beyond their ratings, but no matter how you slice it this class is going to create a lot of angst amongst the fan base.

Going into this season reminds me of the feelings I had at the ends of Alford's and Lickliter's years. Hope Fran turns it around and proves me wrong but I can't help but think we are witnessing a slow death here.
1. The defense has been okay plus to bad. With their scoring capability all they need is to be okay plus.

2. The athleticism on this team has been better than most of the teams they’ve played.

3. This class has a bunch of black guys so I’ve heard that makes it more talented and negates points 1 and 2 also

1. The defense has been okay plus to bad. With their scoring capability all they need is to be okay plus.

2. The athleticism on this team has been better than most of the teams they’ve played.

3. This class has a bunch of black guys so I’ve heard that makes it more talented and negates points 1 and 2 also
They've been better than expected, for sure. Kudos to the players and coaches for turning it around after the DePaul game. That was looking pretty bleak.

That said, my point was that I'd be very surprised to see any of Fran's teams get into the top 10 again, as he has done a couple of times. That's not to imply that he's a terrible coach, or that he has terrible teams; just that the program likely has plateaued with him at the helm, and I am expecting a slow gradual decline from here intermixed with a few great moments here and there.

It's up to the fans to decide if that's sufficiently gratifying.

They've been better than expected, for sure. Kudos to the players and coaches for turning it around after the DePaul game. That was looking pretty bleak.

That said, my point was that I'd be very surprised to see any of Fran's teams get into the top 10 again, as he has done a couple of times. That's not to imply that he's a terrible coach, or that he has terrible teams; just that the program likely has plateaued with him at the helm, and I am expecting a slow gradual decline from here intermixed with a few great moments here and there.

Who in the world cares that we reached the top 10 early in the year only to limp into the tournament? Last years team was the closest we’ve been to the sweet 16 in the Fran era. This year’s team is exceeding expectations despite losing Cook, Moss, and Baer, and dealing with injuries.

Next years team if Wieskamp and Garza return will like start the year ranked inside the top 20, maybe higher. What you are saying about plateau-ing simply doesn’t make sense.

I understand being frustrated about the 2020 recruiting class, but we should have some pretty quality ball clubs the next couple years.

Who in the world cares that we reached the top 10 early in the year only to limp into the tournament? Last years team was the closest we’ve been to the sweet 16 in the Fran era. This year’s team is exceeding expectations despite losing Cook, Moss, and Baer, and dealing with injuries.

Next years team if Wieskamp and Garza return will like start the year ranked inside the top 20, maybe higher. What you are saying about plateau-ing simply doesn’t make sense.

I understand being frustrated about the 2020 recruiting class, but we should have some pretty quality ball clubs the next couple years.
lets get the 2020 class here and see what they can do before we get frustrated with them

Iowa has more quality players than some thought. CJ Frederick is an absolute steal and is going to be an all-conference type player. Joe Toussaint is going to be an excellent PG. Garza is who he is and Weiskamp looks like he is settling in. It's sorta odd to see Iowa go on a break and have two legit wings that can hit a 3. I wouldn't underestimate the 2020 class, to me it looks like a class of guys similar to Toussaint, they have some weaknesses, but have a mindset with a chip to prove themselves. Perkins is going to surprise a lot of people.

lets get the 2020 class here and see what they can do before we get frustrated with them
Agreed. I was just responding to a poster (the OP) who maintains that Iowa has plateaued under Fran and will trend downward. Seems like a super odd time to be saying that considering what we’ve seen from Joe T and Fredrick along with hopefully having one more year of Garza and Wieskamp (with Bohannon healthy). If all those guys return next year that team will have a lot of hype and could have a legit shot at the second weekend of the tourney (long ways away from that).

Agreed. I was just responding to a poster (the OP) who maintains that Iowa has plateaued under Fran and will trend downward. Seems like a super odd time to be saying that considering what we’ve seen from Joe T and Fredrick along with hopefully having one more year of Garza and Wieskamp (with Bohannon healthy). If all those guys return next year that team will have a lot of hype and could have a legit shot at the second weekend of the tourney (long ways away from that).
I'm not using "top 10" as a benchmark per se. That was just the criteria that came to my mind in the moment. Point being, I was postulating whether or not the program has peaked under Fran. Any number of metrics can be used to trend that.

Personally, I'd love for the program to continue to trend upwards, but with the B1G establishing itself as arguably the most dominant basketball conference in the country, I find it difficult to see where Fran is going to take Iowa to new heights.

And, keep in mind that the original post came a few days after getting dominated by DePaul at home, the loss of yet another high-profile Iowa recruit and the announcement of a recruiting class that (on paper) would be more consistent with a class signed by Drake. I don't think any of us were particularly high on the program that week.

You mean something like (Average +) like Kirk? It can be disappointing, especially the yearly debacles vs Wisconsin, but it ain't Nebraska!

And scheduling and the meaningless bowl format glut make poor teams look pretty good, which they often aren't.

As an Iowa fan to be moderately content while still hoping for more isn't a bad place to be.

I predict the 2020 class is going to produce more pleasant surprises. How many were jumping up and down when Fran signed JBO, CJ, Garza or JT? And yet these 4 "leftovers" could lead the Hawks somewhere lofty next year if all pieces remain in place. There are TONS of talented players out there the "experts" whiff on EVERY year.

I predict the 2020 class is going to produce more pleasant surprises. How many were jumping up and down when Fran signed JBO, CJ, Garza or JT? And yet these 4 "leftovers" could lead the Hawks somewhere lofty next year if all pieces remain in place. There are TONS of talented players out there the "experts" whiff on EVERY year.
There were a whole lot of negative posts about Jbo , CJ and a few on Luka at the time they were recruited , no talent , MAC level at best , they cant play at a B10 level , .... seems to me the negative Nellie's at the time were maybe wrong ???

There were a whole lot of negative posts about Jbo , CJ and a few on Luka at the time they were recruited , no talent , MAC level at best , they cant play at a B10 level , .... seems to me the negative Nellie's at the time were maybe wrong ???

They disappear quickly when the facts arrive.

This thread still holds a ton of water by the way.......11 games into this season does not erase Fran's "body of work" at Iowa. They are ahead of expectations for sure this year (and there have been some feel good wins), but remember, at the end of the day, Charlie Brown never kicked that football..Family Guy aside.

This thread still holds a ton of water by the way.......11 games into this season does not erase Fran's "body of work" at Iowa. They are ahead of expectations for sure this year (and there have been some feel good wins), but remember, at the end of the day, Charlie Brown never kicked that football..Family Guy aside.

These 11 games emulate Fran's body of work here almost to a tee so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If he was doing better or worse than his body of work it would make sense to say what you said. But of course doing the exact same as your body of work isn't going to erase your body of work.

These 11 games emulate Fran's body of work here almost to a tee so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If he was doing better or worse than his body of work it would make sense to say what you said. But of course doing the exact same as your body of work isn't going to erase your body of work.

What I mean PC don't underestimate Fran's ability to have his teams implode as the season develops.

Oh gotcha. That's entirely possible. Especially this year when we are so low on players and have a tough schedule at the end.

For sure. Hopefully they don't though and can squeeze as much as they can out of this season. Next year, I think could be real interesting if they keep everyone important (get JBo back) and add to the roster.

Latest posts