Is this recruiting list realistic?

SirJamaLot

Happy early 4th of July everyone,

Cougs will resurface somewhere and hopefully be a better person because of it.

I may need help on this but without BC Fran has 7 schollies to offer the next 2 years? If Archie decides to play intramurals instead of Big 10 then that would give him 8?

2011 class: Coleman,Katenda,Uthoff,Oglesby

2012 class: Paige,Woodbury,Staten, Gessell

Is this realistic?

I may need help on this but without BC Fran has 7 schollies to offer the next 2 years? If Archie decides to play intramurals instead of Big 10 then that would give him 8?

Is this realistic?

Based off the offer list of a lot of these guys, no it isn't realistic. Why would you think Iowa would have a good shot for Katenda against teams like Georgetown, Georgia Tech, ND, and Wake?

I'm not even going to touch that 2012 class you listed, because its a pipe dream.

We might get 1-2 of these guys.

Last edited:
I could see Coleman, Uthoff, and Oglesby (if we offer) committing for next year, realistically.

And definitely Woodbury and Gessell the year after.

Katenda, Paige, and Staten seem like longshots, but it's really too early to tell at this point.

Is this realistic?

We might get any one of those recruits but asking to get all of them is a too high imo. Fran doesn't steal high major recruits he finds guys who are a little over looked and very athletic. Basabe is a perfect example.

We haven't offered Oglesby but I think we might soon. Uthoff and Coleman are coin flips at this point. And Katenda we have even a smaller shot at

We have offered both Paige and Gessel (pg's) so I doubt we offer Staten unless one of the others pass on us. I also personally doubt we get Paige. I do feel optimistic about our chances with Woodbury though.

Based off the offer list of a lot of these guys, no it isn't realistic. Why would you think Iowa would have a good shot for Katenda against teams like Georgetown, Georgia Tech, ND, and Wake?

I'm not even going to touch that 2012 class you listed, because its a pipe dream.

We might get 1-2 of these guys.

1 or 2 would be better then ZERO. LOL

We might get any one of those recruits but asking to get all of them is a too high imo. Fran doesn't steal high major recruits he finds guys who are a little over looked and very athletic. Basabe is a perfect example.

We haven't offered Oglesby but I think we might soon. Uthoff and Coleman are coin flips at this point. And Katenda we have even a smaller shot at

We have offered both Paige and Gessel (pg's) so I doubt we offer Staten unless one of the others pass on us. I also personally doubt we get Paige. I do feel optimistic about our chances with Woodbury though.

I am hoping that coach mad mac is a little like KF, in that he finds the overlooked kids who can develop into a good players who can win. If that happens then someday in the future iowa will get he big names, after the wins come, if they come.

Okay, I see what you did there...

So you are saying we get Coleman and Katenda?

Good feelings about Coleman, and feel like Iowa has a decent shot a Katenda too.

Think Uthoff will end up at Butler. Think Oglesby will end up at Minnesota or maybe even decide to head to Butler with Uthoff.

I think Uthoff ends up at Wisky. I think we have a pretty good shot at Oglesby if we do offer. I will be shocked if Katenda doesn't end up at Georgetown. Coleman is very realistic assuming Nova doesn't end up offering(which I don't think they will).

As for the 2012 class, it's way too early to even guess. My gut tells me that Paige is a longshot.

I think Uthoff ends up at Wisky.

Not me, because Uthoff has been hearing the constant comparison to Gordon Hayward all spring I think he believes he can fit in well and play that role at Butler. I've heard that Uthoff has them on top of his list.

Minnesota is seriously interested in Oglesby. They want either him or Paul Jesperson of Wisconsin badly to replace the Hoffharber. I've heard that Oglesby has them on top of his list.

Not me, because Uthoff has been hearing the constant comparison to Gordon Hayward all spring I think he believes he can fit in well and play that role at Butler. I've heard that Uthoff has them on top of his list.

Minnesota is seriously interested in Oglesby. They want either him or Paul Jesperson of Wisconsin badly to replace the Hoffharber. I've heard that Oglesby has them on top of his list.

I'm not saying you are wrong by any means. It's very possible that Uthoff could end up at Butler. His final six are Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, UNI, Iowa State, and Butler. I think all 6 have a legit shot...although I would be surprised if he ends up at Illinois. There is a lot of chatter that he and his family are very impressed with Hoiberg. Of all of his visits though, it seems that Wisky impressed him the most. I guess that is what I'm basing my guess off of.

I wouldn't count out Illinois for Oglesby's services though. I will personally be surprised if he lands at Minny. I could see Paige landing there. Apparently he and his family have taken a shine to Tubby. But anything can happen. I still maintain that I like Iowa's chances at Oglesby if we end up offering.

Ain't recruiting fun!

I think Uthoff ends up at Wisky. I think we have a pretty good shot at Oglesby if we do offer. I will be shocked if Katenda doesn't end up at Georgetown. Coleman is very realistic assuming Nova doesn't end up offering(which I don't think they will).

I agree with this but I am a little worried about Coleman going to Temple. Uthoff talks about how important it is to be close to home and Wisky is just over 3 hours away. My guess with our class

2011:
Oglesby - SG
Coleman - SG
Malcolm Moore (yes I really believe this) - PF
Other big not Katenda or Uthoff -PF/C

I agree with this but I am a little worried about Coleman going to Temple. Uthoff talks about how important it is to be close to home and Wisky is just over 3 hours away. My guess with our class

2011:
Oglesby - SG
Coleman - SG
Malcolm Moore (yes I really believe this) - PF
Other big not Katenda or Uthoff -PF/C

Of that bunch, I only have high confidence that Devin Coleman will wear a Hawkeye uniform.

I hope Tubby jumps ship after next season. I think he came close last year,to Oregon,but is waiting for a job down south....go Tubby,go...and leave Marcus Paige alone!

Of that bunch, I only have high confidence that Devin Coleman will wear a Hawkeye uniform.

I thought other big whose not Uthoff or Katenda was pretty safe too.

I agree though but I do know that Iowa is pretty high on Moore. He's clearly not their first option but I'm not confident we'll get many "first options".

I think once Fran shows that he can coach the possibility of getting high caliber players go up - until then, i doubt any of these guys with the exception of Coleman will give IA serious consideration. I'm sure the coach will perform beyond all of these guys' expectations and hopefully we'll have most of them here. :)

Has there been any info linking Katenda to Iowa since the inital report that there was possible interest?

Latest posts