Is this Hoop's Heavan? No, it's Iowa.

khock

A few states like to fancy themselves as America's basketball epicenter—Indiana, North Carolina and Kentucky, all come to mind. But in terms of producing promising high-school talent, there's an unlikely contender: Iowa.

The states with the most McDonalds All-American Nominations since 2009
State
Population
# of All-American Nominations
# of Nominees per Capita
Iowa
Illinois
Florida
Texas
California
Source: McDonalds All-American Game, 2010 Census

Per the information below, there is no set number of how many high school senior players can be nominated throughout the country.

The Search Begins
The initial list of potential nominees is gathered online beginning October 1 by Sports America, Inc., which has worked with McDonald’s in connection with the McDonald’s All American Games since its inception in 1978. Names are submitted by the following groups:
1. High School Coaches2. High School Athletic Directors3. High School Principals4. McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee Members
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324616604578302294078409934.html?mod=itp

As PantherMania pointed out that being "nominated" doesn't mean anything because it comes from the coach of "said" player not from the committee. Being "selected" is another story.

As PantherMania pointed out that being "nominated" doesn't mean anything because it comes from the coach of "said" player not from the committee. Being "selected" is another story.

He's right, though.
Pretty much anyone can be nominated.

Oglesby was nominated and while he is the greatest shooter that Fran has ever seen.....he sucks.

Fixed it for you.

That's a long 2 year slump. He's had a handful of good shooting games at Iowa but it's generally in games that are blow outs.

You know why he's not a good shooter? His form is never the same every time. His feet aren't squared the same way every time. And his shots aren't close. It's not like his shots are in and out. A lot are clankers.

The guy is 29% in his career in the Big 10 from 3 point range. That's even with two great shooting games where he went 5-7 and 6-8 on 3's (we lost both games by double digits). So he's normally good to shoot 25% from 3 point range in his 2 year career

So.....slump or simply a bad player?

That's a long 2 year slump. He's had a handful of good shooting games at Iowa but it's generally in games that are blow outs.

You know why he's not a good shooter? His form is never the same every time. His feet aren't squared the same way every time. And his shots aren't close. It's not like his shots are in and out. A lot are clankers.

The guy is 29% in his career in the Big 10 from 3 point range. That's even with two great shooting games where he went 5-7 and 6-8 on 3's (we lost both games by double digits). So he's normally good to shoot 25% from 3 point range in his 2 year career

So.....slump or simply a bad player?

I wasn't serious that he was in a slump. Apparently the joke was bad.

He is a chucking clanker. He may even have a chancre, I dunno. His firm is terrible. I equate to Taylor monkey boy Martinez off balance heave. Think about it, there are definite similarities.

He is a chucking clanker. He may even have a chancre, I dunno. His firm is terrible. I equate to Taylor monkey boy Martinez off balance heave. Think about it, there are definite similarities.

Peter Pumper > Chucking Clanker times 1,000,000

Well this thread certainly got derailed.
off-the-rails.jpg

Latest posts