Is there one player??

bhawkn30

Obviously this is purely a hypothetical and not relevant, but it there one player from either side of the ball that either was a hawkeye or possibly not even a hawkeye that if were on this years team would in "your eyes" increase our end of the season record by 2 or maybe even 3 games?? Maybe even better!?!?!?

Thinking back, Rick Stanzi was great, but in my eyes this guy needs more electricity. Greene would be nice for a solid back as in my eyes thats our question mark on O.

I think it needs to be a defensive player that just lights it up. Matt Roth or maybe Bob were high excitement guys with big play potential.

IDK, just thoughts, lets hear yours!

Would be nice to have Paki in the mix.
Had to joke a bit there. A solid runner like Greene would be gold right now.

With what I'm hearing about our O-line, I think virtually any of the higher-quality RBs we've had at Iowa would be an effective weapon. These guys are going to open some gaping holes. Imagine what Ladell, Fred, Jermelle, Adam, and any of the others would be able to accomplish, let alone #23 Shonn Greene.

With what I'm hearing about our O-line, I think virtually any of the higher-quality RBs we've had at Iowa would be an effective weapon. These guys are going to open some gaping holes. Imagine what Ladell, Fred, Jermelle, Adam, and any of the others would be able to accomplish, let alone #23 Shonn Greene.

I agree with the o-line comment so I don't think its as crucial for a back as I think the "turkey leg guy" could hopefully get a 1,000yds. I'm still leaning more towards someone on D to get it done :)

I agree with the o-line comment so I don't think its as crucial for a back as I think the "turkey leg guy" could hopefully get a 1,000yds. I'm still leaning more towards someone on D to get it done :)

hahaha turkey leg guy! :D

I see what you're saying. Having an Aaron Kampman or a (junior year) Adrian Clayborn this season would be choice.

I'd take Matt Roth anyday. Would also be nice having Dwight doing some end arounds and taking it to the house on punt and kick offs.

yeah you're right. Having the all time leading receiver at Iowa probably wouldn't make this team any better.

I thought le DJK was the all-time leader @ Ferentz U? (# of catches, yards)
Didn't Marvin capture #1 in TD receptions only?

I sure hope the O line delivers...

you and me both!

I know people are saying good things about the line, and I know we somehow always come out ahead with the RB situation(hell average performance is like a stellar year what with the luck we've had with injuries), but I'm concerned. I think the passing game is going to be fine as long as JVB finds his rhythm.....and it would do wonders to have an experienced RB to keep defenses guessing.

Latest posts