Is there a chance someone could transfer?

Because he is graduating.

Makes no sense, I would have said you were a liar if you would have told me he would develop into the player he has.

Also, people believe he is the reason Iowa didn't have leadership...takes more than one guy.
It was easy to let Dev do the work as he was as close to the teams superstar. Now the are going to have to rely on teamwork. Not a bad Idea!

I don't know why people throw Dev under the bus so quickly.

I don't throw Dev under the bus but I think the team has the potential to be significantly better next year with his graduation. Too often this team -- whether because of instruction from the coach or from Dev's own tendencies to want to be the one to score -- looked to Dev to be the go-to guy. He is, or was, not. It was the wrong role to put him in.

How many times -- especially in the last half of the conference season -- needing points in closing minutes of games did we see him dribble-dribble-dribble into the lane, only to get stuffed or more likely stripped of the ball and to lose possession? Quite a bit, actually, as B1G coaches figured him, and Iowa, out.

I would expect the mentality and the dynamic to be far different on next year's team. I expect Mike to take over the floor general role and for the team to be far less selfish. I don't know who the go-to player will be ... Jok, perhaps. But this team will be different next year.

I also believe that another source of player friction -- not Dev -- also will be gone next year due to graduation.

Latest posts