Is Rudock as Solid(commitment) as we all think?

Dorsett said he was solid to the Hawks. Dorsett was trying to get him to go to Miami with him, but declined a visit. (It was Dorsett or the other WR who is going to Miami). That was just in an article this past week.

saw a tweet I think where KOK went down to visit Rudock yesterday or today..maybe there is something to this

I have a problem with Golden if Rudock has already told him no yet he continues to pursue him. I don't have knowledge that Rudock has told Golden that, but if he has then he should leave the kid alone.

This was discussed on TOS. Golden did meet with the guys on Jake's team including Jake. That was on Tuesday. Thursday the article came out where Dorsett said that Jake and the other guy on the team listened to Golden but weren't interested and won't be taking visits. The Miami Herald article is a little late it that regard. Jake's dad did say a few good things about Miami but most think it was more of a courtesy for the home team. From everything that is being discussed Jake's dad already said that Jake won't be taking any more visits and that Jake is a 100% for Iowa. I don't think anything has changed since then.

Jake Rudock is unbelievable. I can't believe he would leave his home town school and play for a team in another part of the country. He's a traitor, just like Paige, Barnes, French, Heinrich, Collison, and LaFrentz. Traitors. All of them.

Jake Rudock is unbelievable. I can't believe he would leave his home town school and play for a team in another part of the country. He's a traitor, just like Paige, Barnes, French, Heinrich, Collison, and LaFrentz. Traitors. All of them.

Home state and hometown are not quite the same thing :D

I'm not too worried about this. He's made it pretty clear that he's 100% for the Hawks. He's enrolling pre-med (IIRC), and I'm sure that the university's prestige in that area is also quite attractive to him. The tweet from his teammate last week should tell you everything. That wasn't Rudock giving lip service to us (only to bolt later), that was Rudock telling a teammate and friend that he's not interested. There's no reason to lie to him.

I read through the Miami thread you linked to, and I find this post particularly hilarious...

Sounds like Al Golden really wants Rudock as the future QB of Miami and that Miami is better suited to his game than Iowa. Whoever is the QB he will have a massive and very good offensive line in front of him and a lot of talented receivers to throw to and it's a lot easier to throw in South Florida than in gray, damp and gloomy (or snowy) Iowa. The road to the NFL is clearly better in Miami as are the academics. If he's coming, a 50/50 proposition at best, he had better pull the trigger soon as some other big names are around the corner.

Wow... where would we even begin to respond to that stupid of a post?

I read through the Miami thread you linked to, and I find this post particularly hilarious...

Sounds like Al Golden really wants Rudock as the future QB of Miami and that Miami is better suited to his game than Iowa. Whoever is the QB he will have a massive and very good offensive line in front of him and a lot of talented receivers to throw to and it's a lot easier to throw in South Florida than in gray, damp and gloomy (or snowy) Iowa. The road to the NFL is clearly better in Miami as are the academics. If he's coming, a 50/50 proposition at best, he had better pull the trigger soon as some other big names are around the corner.

Wow... where would we even begin to respond to that stupid of a post?
I can disagree with some of the opinions posted, but I don't see anything that is hilariously stupid. What do you think is so stupid? Iowa has the chance to have a great o-line, but Miami has some talent there too. Based on a long history of putting receivers in the NFL (while Iowa has not), the comment about the receivers is probably accurate. The importance of the weather is overblown, but its not that big of a deal. Miami is a private school with an excellent academic reputation. And while Shannon is no longer there, I believe Miami has recently had an excellent graduation rate.

ETA: According to ESPN, there are currently 30 players in the NFL from Iowa, Miami has 44. And frankly, the Miami list is more impressive. Finally, a historical comparison of the 2 school's QBs in the NFL would not be pretty for Iowa.

Last edited:
I can disagree with some of the opinions posted, but I don't see anything that is hilariously stupid. What do you think is so stupid? Iowa has the chance to have a great o-line, but Miami has some talent there too. Based on a long history of putting receivers in the NFL (while Iowa has not), the comment about the receivers is probably accurate. The importance of the weather is overblown, but its not that big of a deal. Miami is a private school with an excellent academic reputation. And while Shannon is no longer there, I believe Miami has recently had an excellent graduation rate.

ETA: According to ESPN, there are currently 30 players in the NFL from Iowa, Miami has 44. And frankly, the Miami list is more impressive. Finally, a historical comparison of the 2 school's QBs in the NFL would not be pretty for Iowa.

I'd be interested in what the number is from the past 5 years. Doesn't Miami have more players in the NFL than any other school? I know a player from Miami has scored a TD in like 100+ straight weeks in the NFL.

Quarterbacks drafted from Miami since 1989:

Ken Dorsey, 2003 (7th round)
Scott Covington, 1999 (7th round)
Gino Toretta, 1993 (7th round)
Craig Erickson, 1992 (4th round. He's actually listed in the 1991 draft as well, but he was picked higher in the '92 listing, so that's what I'll post)
Steve Walsh, 1989 (suplemental draft)

That's hardly a great tradition of producing QB's. We haven't really fared any better, but they have little history at the quarterback position, so the "path to the NFL" isn't really any better at Miami than it is here. Which is shocking, given the number of tight ends, wide receivers, running backs, and offensive linemen that they churn out. Miami's NFL list is impressive, but none of those guys are quarterbacks.

Also, given Rudock's interest in med school, I took a peek at some rankings for med schools. Iowa ranked 27th, Miami 47th, and there was only a difference of 3-4 thousand dollars in tuition (with Iowa being more expensive).

Here are the links where I found this info:

Research Rankings - Best Medical Schools - Graduate Schools - Education - US News

DraftHistory.com You'll have to scroll down a ways to get to Miami's draft results, but it's there.

Here are the things I found hilarious...

1. Was the person who posted that actually insinuating that great linemen don't come out of Iowa? That's sort of what we're known for...

2. Our academics aren't up to snuff? Iowa is a Public Ivy (Public Ivy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), so there's no doubting us there

3. It's easier to throw in Florida than in Iowa? What about the state of Florida makes the mechanics of the throwing motion easier?

4. Damp, gray, and gloomy Iowa? In the winter, yes, but much the South is damp, gray, and gloomy during the winter as well (even if there isn't snow). In the spring, summer, and fall? Not so much.

5. Getting back to the whole linemen comment... Sure, there are more Hurricanes than Hawkeyes in the NFL, but how many of them are linemen?

I'd be interested in what the number is from the past 5 years. Doesn't Miami have more players in the NFL than any other school? I know a player from Miami has scored a TD in like 100+ straight weeks in the NFL.

Miami has had 22 players drafted in the past five drafts, and their production has tapered off since the 2006 draft, when they had 6 first day picks (they haven't had 6 TOTAL picks in a draft since). Iowa has had 18 players drafted in the same timeframe.

Latest posts