Is NCAA selection show after ACC selection show?

A 10? (Kudos to Fry -the only one who called it, like 8 games ago)

A little surprised by that, since the -ologists had them consensus 8. Seems to contradict the “body of work” mantra and be more a reflection of the last 10.

Guess the Committee is not impressed with Hawk’s psychotic play.
I thought we were a bubble team, based on the NET. That's what a 10 seed in the 3rd region is, for an at-large selection.

Arizona State and St. John's most likely the last two teams in the field. They face off in Dayton.

What's the point of NET rankings when mid-majors with better NET rankings get significantly worse seedings than P6 teams? The system is flawed.
This.

“Selection Sunday” should go like this...

1) The 32 auto bids.

2) 36 remaining teams get “selected” according to NET ranking.

3) All 68 teams get seeded in order of NET rating. First four teams get 1 bids, next four get 2 bids, and so on all the way to 16s

Wouldn’t even need some cheesy tv show and it’d take about 5 minutes.

Based on the entire season, it does seem like we have a much better resume than many higher seeds, but based on the way we're playing the past few weeks, does anybody really think we deserve any better? Obviously the way you finish plays a role, whether they admit it or not. I'm just glad we're in. If we can have a few games where our shots are falling, you never know!

This.

“Selection Sunday” should go like this...

1) The 32 auto bids.

2) 36 remaining teams get “selected” according to NET ranking.

3) All 68 teams get seeded in order of NET rating. First four teams get 1 bids, next four get 2 bids, and so on all the way to 16s

Wouldn’t even need some cheesy tv show and it’d take about 5 minutes.

I'd like to see what the bracket would look like based on this criteria.

A 10? (Kudos to Fry -the only one who called it, like 8 games ago)

A little surprised by that, since the -ologists had them consensus 8. Seems to contradict the “body of work” mantra and be more a reflection of the last 10.

Guess the Committee is not impressed with Hawk’s psychotic play.
That's how I see it. Frankly I'm ok with that. I mean the Iowa team that's been out there the last month isn't the same one that ran the table in the non con. It's just not. So sure body of work factors to a degree but I see little difference between 7 through 10 seeds honestly which is right where they put us.. Could we have been a 6 or higher if we'd have played better the last month? I think so we were on pace for it. But this last month or so even when we got lucky and won those close games on buzzer beaters we weren't playing good ball. We made our bed so here it is

Latest posts