Is Ivory Kelly-Martin

I think you have to give Brian a lot of credit for balancing the load and keeping them all involved, and more importantly, making them feel relied on. There is no doubt they are getting Goodson involved because him getting up to speed and succeeding helps our team in a lot of different ways. But IKM was in at Iowa State in the fourth quarter when we were down and so there was obviously a lot of trust in him.

Not sure about that. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore. I really like Goodson, but I can't see him getting a high enough grade down the road to warrant leaving early, or even being a 1st rounder.
Karnak the Magnificent!

I think you have to give Brian a lot of credit for balancing the load and keeping them all involved, and more importantly, making them feel relied on. There is no doubt they are getting Goodson involved because him getting up to speed and succeeding helps our team in a lot of different ways. But IKM was in at Iowa State in the fourth quarter when we were down and so there was obviously a lot of trust in him.
There is no such thing as having too many quality RBs. That they get along, are supportive, and are kept content a bit is the key.

I know I'm in the minority, but shut him down. Will need his fifth season to send KF off with a bang.

Your assumption that not playing him now will keep him on campus five years is based on a false pretense.

The reason Goodson is playing now is that they know he is good enough that he WILL be gone after four seasons, and COULD possibly be gone after three seasons in the program. Not playing him now won’t change that.

If he will be gone after four seasons then you don’t save anything by not playing him now.

Not sure about that. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore. I really like Goodson, but I can't see him getting a high enough grade down the road to warrant leaving early, or even being a 1st rounder.

He doesn’t have to be a first rounder to be good enough to leave early. There are plenty of second, third and fourth round RBs that end up being big time RBs with huge to average careers. Jamaal Charles (3rd round) is the all-time leading rusher for the Chiefs, ahead of Larry Johnson (1st round) and Priest Holmes (undrafted) and Ed Podolak (2nd round, but long enough ago to be irrelevant for this conversation).

This is just one example. There are so many others it isn’t worth going on. Every announcer talking about Goodson this year has said he has “it”. They know “it” when they see “it” and they all say he has “it”. So sit back and enjoy the ride, because he will be gone after four years on campus, at most.

There is no such thing as having too many quality RBs. That they get along, are supportive, and are kept content a bit is the key.
Yes. For a solid decade we would lose 2-4 backs a year to injury, etc. was it 2003 or 2004 we were down to our 6th rb in bowl game?

Latest posts