Is it true???

TheNebraskaHawk

Brust to visit Iowa according to a HawkeyeInsider Tweet...I have said it before, I would still welcome Ben with open arms and I do think that he would be a difference maker...yes, I know some of you do not, but to each his own...

Drama? The kid is making a decision for his future, not sure what else could be expected from him? Either way, I have always liked drama, makes life interesting!

He is evaluating his options - i have no ill will towards him. If he becomes a Hawk I will be thrilled

Iowa will be in the final 3 or 4, along with NW and Wisconsin.

Ben is doing his due diligence, he got the waiver to go through so he could check out all the options.

Whatever happens, happens.

Good luck to Ben (pick Iowa) wherever you wind up (pick Iowa)...no hard feelings (pick Iowa) even if you go to Wisconsin (pick Iowa) or Northwestern (pick Iowa) and have a great visit when you come! (pick Iowa)

Hey HawkeyeShane, using those subliminal messages in your post never work. Now I have to go to the store to pick up a case of Iowa and get drunk.

I haven't been entertained by the Brust saga, but put all that aside. I think Iowa would be better off to sigh a guy like Salter, take Ware if he fits, and bank two rides for next season.

Brust does not fit our primary need and I think we can do better next year with three 2011 rides. This staff can recruit, especially when not in "Spring scramble" mode.

Also, I wouldn't want to bet on Brust making it here for that visit.

FM will have three rides to offer next year even if he does get Brust, Ware, and Salter. I know the numbers don't add up now, but they will. If Brust does come back to Iowa it would mean that FM and Francis would have done an awesome job with Cully.

I agree with Freddy; if we get a commitment from Salter with the possiblity of CoCo; I would tell Mr. Brust to stay home. We need point guards who can push the ball, play aggressive on ball defense against other quick guys and cause some havoc on the press. I don't think Brust meets those criteria. He is really a shooter who plays a smart game , but is not going to be able to play point at this level. I think we already have a lot of guys that can play the 2 guard

I don't know what to think about this anymore. From the beginning, I said I wasn't really interested in Brust returning. I felt we had more pressing needs than what he brought to the table. And I felt retaining former recruits just because they were signed here(and not because they were a fit for FM's style) was a disaster waiting to happen.

Still, I'm quickly learning not to doubt McCaffery on anything. And if he is still aggressively recruiting Brust because he thinks he can really make an impact here, it's hard to not hope for his return. I still won't lose much sleep if he ends up elsewhere, but I would welcome him back without reservation if that ends up being his choice.

Last edited:
Hey HawkeyeShane, using those subliminal messages in your post never work. Now I have to go to the store to pick up a case of Iowa and get drunk.

You're probably right morley (grab me some Captain Morgan) I should stop doing that (grab me some Captain Morgan) since it's just a big waste of time (grab me some Captain Morgan) and all...

:D

I heard a rumor tonight that I at first dismissed and then the more I thought about I think it could be true. The rumor is that the other Big Ten schools involved with Brust have been notified that there will be an inquiry or investigation regarding the possible tampering with Brust's recruiting. Now I just wonder if this could have anything to do with Brust's sudden interest in us again.

Whatever happens I still hope he ends up a Hawkeye.

I agree with Freddy; if we get a commitment from Salter with the possiblity of CoCo; I would tell Mr. Brust to stay home. We need point guards who can push the ball, play aggressive on ball defense against other quick guys and cause some havoc on the press. I don't think Brust meets those criteria. He is really a shooter who plays a smart game , but is not going to be able to play point at this level. I think we already have a lot of guys that can play the 2 guard

Brust could be a special player with the Hawks. He could push the ball and finish. I understand his looking at all possibilities. Hope it doesn't turn out like a former must get that went to Wisky. I could see him lighting it up for the Hawks.

I heard a rumor tonight that I at first dismissed and then the more I thought about I think it could be true. The rumor is that the other Big Ten schools involved with Brust have been notified that there will be an inquiry or investigation regarding the possible tampering with Brust's recruiting. Now I just wonder if this could have anything to do with Brust's sudden interest in us again.

Whatever happens I still hope he ends up a Hawkeye.

Wow!! Nice info Hooper.

Latest posts