Is it possible that the injuries could help Iowa out?

Mademyaccount4u

Not to be completely crazy, but Iowa is still doing well despite injuries to their LT, #1 WR, #1 TE and #1 RB. This could help Iowa to be much more dangerous on Offense when the "starters" become healthy.

If Jerminic Smith is able to get a couple of weeks with the starters he could become another deep threat and Iowa could end up having both Smiths on the field. This is also true of Duzey as Kittle and HKC have looked good in his absence, but will be much more of a threat with a 100% healthy Duzey.

Iowa's run game has been a strength, but if Daniels gets fully healthy-- either physically or mentally-- then the combination at RB is what we have all been hoping for. As for Boone, having another lineman with experience that you can sub in to keep others from being winded can only help as a game goes on.

I know I always overthink things, but it feels like a 2008 type team where all the pieces are coming together and Iowa will be a tough out in late October.

The team will most certainly have better depth and more options going forward because the back ups are getting more playing time.

First, we need to beat 2 really good teams and then hope everyone is back and healthy after the bye week. If LD just can't get or stay healthy, I think we need to burn Graham's RS. This is an all hands on deck, season. West title or bust.

First, we need to beat 2 really good teams and then hope everyone is back and healthy after the bye week. If LD just can't get or stay healthy, I think we need to burn Graham's RS. This is an all hands on deck, season. West title or bust.

Unless/until Wadley/Joly prove useless/completely unreliable, no reason to burn Graham's RS.

Agreed, if we win today we can do some very
Special things. But, this is the type of game we have lost in the past. We win it tells me we are focused.

I don't think it would be good decision to burn any redshirt at this point unless very dire situations at a position.

Win the next 2, get healthy.

The way they had Ott's knee wrapped up in ice makes me very nervous. He's a huge part of this team.

I will be surprised if we ever see Ott in a Hawkeye uniform again. Something tells me he's done. I hope and pray I'm wrong.

No injuries will not help Iowa.

The only time I can think of injuries helping an Iowa team was in 2004. The RB injuries forced KF to put the games in Tate's hands. And he was good enough to handle it.

Uh, yes and no. Some years, with depth, yes. We need all those offensive guys back asap. Too many no.1's out. Would love to see all oline guys back next week. Ott loss is big, but backups look ready after three weeks of practice and game experience. Just my opinion.

The drew ott injury is impossible to spin as helpful to Iowa. Had he been healthy the entire year he might have been mentioned alongside names like Clayborn, Roth, King, etc.

They don't need to score a lot of points to get out of NW with a victory. Once again this schedule sets up perfect......somehow survive NW, bye week, Maryland at home.

Latest posts