Is it possible Jbo plays the rest of the year?

NikeHawk21

I was kind of just assuming at this point that he would take a redshirt but I guess I don’t know. I know they said he was in some pain before Cal Poly but part of me wonders if they really were just trying to buy him basically a full week of rest before this stretch of games coming up. I guess we will see how it goes with the back to back games Thursday Friday.

He struggled with his shot in the Northern Florida game but I actually thought he moved quite a bit better.

Obviously many have pointed out he should just redshirt and wait until next year where we should have a better team. At the same time we know this kid is a competitor and if he feels he can play at a high level, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go for it.

At this point, if he doesn't redshirt, then someone needs to be fired as we'll be lucky to be eligible for the CBI this year. But next year, assuming Joe W and Luka stay, is shaping up to be a helluva year.

I would be careful trying to get too cute with the NCAA over a medical redshirt. You can't predict how the NCAA will rule on those cases, and knowing Jordan has been pretty outspoken against the NCAA about compensation, would it really surprise you if the NCAA declined a medical redshirt?

So I think he needs to play the full year, even if not at 100%, or stop playing now to make a better case for the redshirt. Cherry picking games to play in to stay under the 8 or 9 game limit might look funny to the NCAA and could cause them to deny the medical. Just my opinion.

I'd say there are two reasons he would sit out last game. One is he's really hurting and needed some down time. The other is to cheat the system so he can play in the ISU game. Either one of those options means he is probably not going to play
I think those two make the most sense for sure. Option number 3 as I hinted at in the OP is they are just buying him some time for more rest and this upcoming stretch. Cal Poly was a scrub game and they didn’t want to risk anything at that point.

Hard to say. Heck it’s even possible they hold him out for Friday’s game on a back to back, and he still plays the remainder of the season. Again very unlikely, but possible.

At this point, if he doesn't redshirt, then someone needs to be fired as we'll be lucky to be eligible for the CBI this year. But next year, assuming Joe W and Luka stay, is shaping up to be a helluva year.
Looking around the college basketball landscape and the B1G in particular I don’t know.

If Bohannon gets back to his normal self, with potential all conference guys in Wieskamp and Garza I’m starting to think we aren’t as bad as some of us, myself included were starting to think. Kriener and Pemsl are veterans and Connor has been around for awhile as well. Fredrick to me looks like a quality B1G level starter. Toussaint can provide some speed and defense.

I will probably look like a complete idiot when Iowa struggles mightily in these upcoming games, but I don’t know I’m actually starting to think this team could be a borderline bubble team IF Jbo is healthy and Fran manages the rotation correctly. Both majors ifs. The Nunge loss definitely stings.

I think those two make the most sense for sure. Option number 3 as I hinted at in the OP is they are just buying him some time for more rest and this upcoming stretch. Cal Poly was a scrub game and they didn’t want to risk anything at that point.

Hard to say. Heck it’s even possible they hold him out for Friday’s game on a back to back, and he still plays the remainder of the season. Again very unlikely, but possible.

Its possible. But he's been pretty vocal about only playing if he's fully healthy. If he really needs to sit out games to rest up, I cant imagine he's going to be 100% early enough.

Its possible. But he's been pretty vocal about only playing if he's fully healthy. If he really needs to sit out games to rest up, I cant imagine he's going to be 100% early enough.
Without him, we are obviously in big trouble. With him, we might be still bad but I would at least have some reason to get halfway excited about the season. That’s why I’m holding out hope that he will be fully good to go, it might be blind hope but screw it.

What makes you think there is such a difference between this year and next? A year extra development or the stellar incoming class?

If the hip is bothering him now, at 19 minutes per game, it doesn't bode well. We will have stretches this winter where we play four games in eight days or something like that and that will include plane travel and hotel beds, neither of which can help an ailing hip. He will also be asked to play more than 19 minutes per game and guard people a little tougher than what North Florida and SIU Edwardsville have to offer. You could see him struggling to curl cut from the first game, which disrupts the timing of the offense, and he was definitely abused on defense.

I say just end the charade now. It's like watxhing the football team try to avoid the mistake once the field goal is in the bag. Nobody is being fooled here, and if he does play more at the two he's going to get beat on from a physical standpoint more than he already is.

At first I was in the camp that JBo would redshirt. But now I think he is gonna play this year. I believe they will rest him when he’s not really needed and save him for the important games until he’s feeling 100%. Besides, he’s shaved his beard off. That beard represented his recovery period. Now it’s gone cause he’s back!

JoBo is the difference in about 2-3 more wins. I’m just not sure what that means. NCAA? NIT? No post season at all? I think the range is that huge.

I overreacted to the DePaul loss. Beating Tech was a great win, but I don’t want to do the same.

JoBo is the difference in about 2-3 more wins. I’m just not sure what that means. NCAA? NIT? No post season at all? I think the range is that huge.

I overreacted to the DePaul loss. Beating Tech was a great win, but I don’t want to do the same.
I ripped our defense and effort a new one after that DePaul game. They were two steps behind all night.

Therefore I will give our defense and effort huge props for holding Tech to 4-24 three point shooting. Both played a huge part.

This team with Jordan is just night and day different. Garza is going to have room to work inside with Jordan on the floor, and not nearly as much when he isn't.

Interesting Point. Got a Few Games Left.Pleasant Situation.Hard Aggressive 'D' makes things easier.A bit Early for Decision Time. Still Hawk Players Played Tough.
Agree, they played a "Tough" brand of BB...which is quite delightful, seldom seen under Fran.

East Coast - Garza/Toussaint BB

Latest posts