Is it just me or does Stanzi refuse to make adjustments?

Defense is the problem for sure we are 0-4 when we need a stop on defense and got lucky with a win against IU.

No doubt defense has been in issue in crunch time, but more than 18 points against Indiana and 17 points against Northwestern would be nice, especially when Wisconsin put up 83 on Indiana.

I think some are ungrateful about Hawkeye football in general. You are on cloud 9 when you have a team like 02 when Brad Banks lead a team darn near undefeated team to come up short on a litte better team in USC in the bowl game. Let me remind you that the same coaching staff except Campbell was on staff calling nearly the same schemes of plays for both O and D. Yes Branks was a moble, pro style QB that really established himself in what was magical season. You turn around and hate and call for heads, and throw people under the bus when kids like Tate, Jake couldn't take them back to the promise land.
I understand we live season to season as emotional fans. That is nature. We since 1999 lived with KF and his staff. Each year during certain games we are ready to throw KOK underbus or call for his head. Parker the same. It's time that you come to grips and leave Stanzi and the coaching staff alone. KF has been named Coach of the Year, Big-Ten coach of the year a couple or more times, Parker has been getting a lot of love and KOK has too. They do the same things over and over with any QB that THEY choose to start and play. When the outcome is not in their favor fingers point.

Heres something to chew on. I think teams are getting even with talent, or teams are having confidence playing against others. KF owns JoPa. Fritzy has Kirks number. His teams play with extreme confidence when going up against Iowa. Does it mean they are the better team. No, but that day they are. Stanzi has been playing smarter this year. like every QB, they make the same mistakes through out their carrear. Stanzi's weakness is his checkdown abilities. He has more strengths than weakness. He has looked good more than bad. He is not moble like Persa is, but he is just as good. What he does good shines. What he struggles with, it hurts. That happens with ALL good QBs. Yes ALL! Yes I called Stanzi good, because he is. Vanderberg will most likely be next years starting QB, unless the others out perform than he does. James will do things great and at times will dissapoint us. That' life! We need to always be thankful that KF's teams are not in the lower tier of the Big-Ten and yearly competing for the Big-Ten title, and yearly playing for New Years Day bowls. Something to keep in mind!

As for the D, they are giving their best! They are not the same than last years team. A D with the likes of Anger, Edds, Spivey are not there helping out. They were players that made a huge difference. Good run stoppers and good pass coverage players. That being said, The front 4 are playing their butts off but the young and inexperience LB's are just not the same as last years group. Hunter is trying hard, but the clear picture is he is not as dominant as Pat and A.J was.

Finally, the special teams is depleated! Not getting the job done this year! Makes a difference. Enough said!

So why don't we all get along and except the fact that this team is not last year's team and Stanzi is not at complete fault.

Latest posts