Is it good for IOWA if Michigan wins the title?

HawkeyeGold

obviously its good for the B1G if Michigan wins, but does winning a national championship do anything for the teams in the league?

It's good for the conference. So that means it's good for Iowa. Curious how much more money that would bring.

From a money standpoint I don't believe it matters who wins tomorrow. They got there and that's where the "units" calculations end. I could be wrong.

Would it make more likely for any of them to go pro? As in "there is nothing else to accomplish at this level" type stuff? Maybe I am stretching here.....

I want Michigan to win just so Cyclone fans can shut up about how the Big 10 is overrated since they haven't won a NC in basketball since 2000. Nevermind that there are over 300 division 1 programs to compete with.

I want Michigan to win just so Cyclone fans can shut up about how the Big 10 is overrated since they haven't won a NC in basketball since 2000. Nevermind that there are over 300 division 1 programs to compete with.

The current Big 12 members have 3 national titles in the last 61 years. All them at Kansas. The Big10 has had 8 in the same time period with 4 different teams.

The current Big 12 members have 3 national titles in the last 61 years. All them at Kansas. The Big10 has had 8 in the same time period with 4 different teams.

How many NIT titles? The NIT is pretty important and until some very recent changes to the NCAA tournament, the NIT was actually on par with the NCAA tournament. I know Baylor just picked one up. Is that in your numbers?

Latest posts