Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Keep the staff and Im 40 or older

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Fire the staff and Im 39 or younger

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Keep the staff and Im 39 or younger

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
Don't want him gone, but don't want things to stay the same either. Basically want the same staff (or release Norm if his health can't hold up), but the staff to change their approach in some major ways.

As for your generational thing, I'm 30 for what that's worth.

Doesn't matter if we all want Ferentz and his staff gone because Iowa could never buy out his contract.

All people want is a coaching staff that has a clue, that is willing to change and (or) adapt when they see they don't have the personnel to run the base defense they have run for 11 years. A staff to try new things...to AT LEAST TRY to fool the other team and (or) coaching staff. To basically adapt to today's college football game. But the frustration comes because every fan KNOWS this staff will NEVER change anything regardless of what is happening or how they are playing. Every Iowa fan (and every team Iowa plays) KNOWS this coaching staff will NEVER do anything different. I think Iowa fans would be thrilled if this coaching staff didn't tie one hand behind the player's back and expect them to play exactly like they want them to play. Folks would like to see this coaching staff play to win instead of playing not to lose. People would like to see Iowa go for the throat instead of curling up in a ball, going ultra conservative, and playing not to lose.

It is time KF thought about the good of Iowa football and not the good of his friendship with some of the coaches...

40, and not near as brash as I used to be. Don't want KF fired, I do think things need changes need to be made in certain areas. I will say there's no excuses for losing to a team like Minnesota. I am worried about a team that went 8-5 last year with all the NFL talent that was on that team and a team this year that appears to be under achieving for the second year in a row. If it happens again next year, then something is definitely wrong.

40, and not near as brash as I used to be. Don't want KF fired, I do think things need changes need to be made in certain areas. I will say there's no excuses for losing to a team like Minnesota. I am worried about a team that went 8-5 last year with all the NFL talent that was on that team and a team this year that appears to be under achieving for the second year in a row. If it happens again next year, then something is definitely wrong.

You used to be real brash, if this is who I think it is :) We used to go round and round during the games at the OP :)

I don't think its an generational thing I think its an IQ thing. People calling for Kirk's head are morons and don't have the attention span for anything remotely resembling a long term view.

LOL, I've been in my glass house too long, so I don't throw stones as much as I used to. I'm still prone to tantrums at the OP, but not near as often as in the past :)

I don't think its an generational thing I think its an IQ thing. People calling for Kirk's head are morons and don't have the attention span for anything remotely resembling a long term view.

I'm not in their camp, but to call them morons is, well, moronic. There's some legitimate complaints right now mixed with some guys that are off the deep end. Calling them morons and being dismissive of the complaints on this board is a dumb thing to do.

And what, pray tell, is the long term view? Things are not going to get better any time soon, what with an offensive coordinator who's put on a leash by the head coach, and a defensive coordinator who needs to be put out to pasture. With people making excuses about how we're so young and not returning a lot of starters when it's a complete lie.

Attention span? We've had one great season since 2004. Many of those seasons have seen utter failures like yesterday. Several of them have seen Iowa dramatically regress as the season went on.

Long term view: Iowa won't be sitting pretty in the Legends division, and won't be going to the Big Ten championship game any time soon, much less winning it. Iowa will continue to struggle against awful teams as they have always done under Ferentz, and it will cost them those above chances for titles and BCS bowls.

The only morons here are those who don't recognize the truth of the last 13 years, and the last 7 in particular.

Im younger but have been around the block...and I love kirk and this staff...but its really frusturating to watch

Silvanthalas is absolutely correct. KF had three great years. We probably got lucky in '09. The rest has been mediocrity.

And what, pray tell, is the long term view? Things are not going to get better any time soon, what with an offensive coordinator who's put on a leash by the head coach, and a defensive coordinator who needs to be put out to pasture. With people making excuses about how we're so young and not returning a lot of starters when it's a complete lie.

Attention span? We've had one great season since 2004. Many of those seasons have seen utter failures like yesterday. Several of them have seen Iowa dramatically regress as the season went on.

Long term view: Iowa won't be sitting pretty in the Legends division, and won't be going to the Big Ten championship game any time soon, much less winning it. Iowa will continue to struggle against awful teams as they have always done under Ferentz, and it will cost them those above chances for titles and BCS bowls.

The only morons here are those who don't recognize the truth of the last 13 years, and the last 7 in particular.

Never argue with a moron. He will pull you down to his level and beat you with experience every time.

The problem I have with the staff is that teams have been dealing with the "bend but don't break" cover 2 for 13 years now...with all of that knowledge and experience to look back on, everyone seems to be able to make the D bend AND break now days. A few years ago (I don't remember exactly) Iowa kicked the crap out of Purdue and their high flying passing game by going with tight man to man and kicking their receivers' a$$es at the LOS...and I don't think we've seen Iowa do that anyone since...even though we've had the secondaries to do be able to do it.

For the love of all that is holy and good...mix it up a little bit! The longer it takes the receivers to get off of the line, the longer it takes the QB to survey the field and get the ball out, giving your mediocre D-line more time to get to the QB...and it doesn't have to be a total change, offenses will get used to seeing that as well...like I said, just mix it up! It'll keep opposing offenses guessing.

I'm HawkeyeShane...I'm 42...and I approved this message.

Latest posts