is fran

I can remember Lute but he was a cool cat on the sidelines and I do not remember him throwing that big of a fit on the sidelines. I would be interested in knowing if any of the coaches before my time were this intense. How intense was Miller, Sharm, or Bucky?

Lute had his moments. I recall a game at Purdue where Lute came unglued and came out on the court to get in a ref's face over a horrendous call.

One thing I remember about the Ralph Miller era at Iowa was the last second loss to the University of Jacksonville Dolphins and their two 7 footers: Artis Gilmore (who played for Chicago in the pros) and Pembrooke Burroughs III. Iowa lost that game on a putback basket by Burroughs III as time expired.. I believe the score was 103-102.

The player driving you crazy 'cause you couldn't remember his name wasn't Dick Jensen was it, doclee?

Last edited:
One thing I remember about the Ralph Miller era at Iowa was the last second loss to the University of Jacksonville Dolphins and their two 7 footers: Artis Gilmore (who played for Chicago in the pros) and Pembrooke Burroughs III. Iowa lost that game on a putback basket by Burroughs III as time expired.. I believe the score was 103-102.

The player driving you crazy 'cause you couldn't remember his name wasn't Dick Jensen was it, doclee?

I doubt it was Dick Jensen. With the talent around him, he never shot. Sounds more like Ben McGilmer or George Peoples to me.

I was thinkin KF also. A lot of people forget how crazy he can actually get.

Heres a clip that the university actually kept sealed up in the vault until now, Kirk goes off and show his fran side!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lF0y8ui1q4&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Kirk Goes Ballistic 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts