Is everyone ready...

WestCoastHawk

For Iowa to go back to playing the same predictable, uninspired football we are all so used to next week? There is zero chance they continue this.

I will not predict kirk ferentz with permanent changes to become aggressive on offense. but, it better become permanent. if he doesn't unleash Stanley from now until his graduation and then draft into the NFL, then he should be fired for gross negligence and dereliction of duties.

Now let me think. Where have we heard this before?

Honestly...I'm not sure there is any going back to runs into 8-9 man fronts...just to prove we can get our two yards. I think this staff took a leap of faith and it was rewarded. Why, when you play lesser defenses, would go back to running the ball when the defense is loading the box. Brian F. is now emboldened and his QB has proven he can be the man and you can put the game in his hands. Our freshmen tackles also proved they can handle the pressure.

That was a masterpiece yesterday and they rubbed Urban Meyers nose in it.

It's not like Iowa is facing a juggernaut on offense with Wisky. Although, if Wisky hoards the game clock, Iowa's offense will have to strike quickly to get points...then again, that's probably just what KF wants (lots of game clock usage and not many points and not a quick strike Iowa offense).

For Iowa to go back to playing the same predictable, uninspired football we are all so used to next week? There is zero chance they continue this.

This Saturday may be the most important Saturday in the Ferentz era.
In 2011 Dandy Vandy lead Iowa to an amazing comeback against Pitt by using tempo. I was sure KF would understand the implications. Nope.
This Saturday we find out if Rob/Jon's claim that BF is the right OC cuz he can stand up to KF was on point.
If we revert to field position BS; sitting on a 7pt lead; running repeatedly into the same wall and kneeling at the end of each half we'll have our answer as to what the future will look like.

Honestly...I'm not sure there is any going back to runs into 8-9 man fronts...just to prove we can get our two yards. I think this staff took a leap of faith and it was rewarded. Why, when you play lesser defenses, would go back to running the ball when the defense is loading the box. Brian F. is now emboldened and his QB has proven he can be the man and you can put the game in his hands. Our freshmen tackles also proved they can handle the pressure.

There is now plenty on film to show Stanley can beat you through the air. That alone is going to loosen up the run game and how teams play us.

Come on gang. tell me your secret thoughts... have you wondered if Iowa will roll Wisconsin? c'mon... tell the secrets of your heart !

Anyway, I think they are focusing more on winning and less on a specific process (run on 1st and 2nd down)

If saying that means you want the opposite of what you said to happen, well then I am with you. :D

Regarding B. Ferentz. He called a whale of a game, just as B. Griese said on the telecast on Saturday and that should go without saying. But I don't know if you saw the smile on B. Ferentz's face at the end of the game as he was being congratulated on the sideline as the seconds ticked off the clock, it was priceless. I think the feeling was not just an epic win against Ohio State, a greatly coached game, and a great offensive game plan, but maybe some vindication as an OC with a plan all his own, on his own as well. Although that last part may be just inside my head. :)

Either way. :)

Iowa has the defense especially if they have the gap control and are tackling really well. We see all teams have a bad tackling game sometimes so that cant happen. And the hawks can pass to set up the run especially if they pass block well. Wisky may have a really good pass rush.

You just made a huge leap of faith.