Is Covid going to end the season again

I agree that the tourney almost certainly is a go, especially considering all the time and effort that was utilized to adjust to the virus.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, though, as there is a high likelihood of teams testing positive. I'm assuming that they would have to forfeit the respective game.

Boy, that would suck. Imagine being in the Elite 8, then having to forfeit your chance at the Final Four. Ouch. I wouldn't want to be the guy that's singled out via contact tracing as the source.
The fact you can pick a random person to blame is pretty sick logic. Sorry...I had a cold??

So Gonzaga or Baylor or even Iowa goes down with the bug in March which is entirely possible winning the tournament will come with a huge *
I think the best football team in the country won the NC but most of the bowls were a joke

So Gonzaga or Baylor or even Iowa goes down with the bug in March which is entirely possible winning the tournament will come with a huge *
I think the best football team in the country won the NC but most of the bowls were a joke

I'm not sure. March Madness is much more unpredictable then the college football playoffs. I think its popularity and excitement of the tournament as much to do with the unpredictability of the tournament then it does about the basketball itself. I'd see that asterisks being no bigger than the one next to a 1 seed losing to a 16 seed.

Where I do think the craziness lies will be in selection Sunday and the bubble teams. Think of the emotional roller coaster that could come (not to mention the popularity) of a mid-major or smaller conference program that may have missed the automatic tournament bid only to find out that there hopes are still alive due to a team being unable to attend and then making a deep run in the tournament. It'll definitely be interesting.

Is this the year where the "smiling nun" or "crying boys" team pulls it out? It has been a weird year-why stop now? I mean, we have an actually decent chance this year, so some alien is going to shat all over everything.................

Doesn't sound like Michigan State is coming back any time soon. It's highly unlikely a reschedule with us will occur, we shall see. When do forfeits come into play? I feel bad for their players, but I doubt protocols were followed as their men's and women's program is taking a hit.

The scheduling is so tight now, if MSU has to make up two to three games they better get some intramural players stat, cause it's gonna be brutal playing 3 times in a week.

Was it that long ago that teams played 3 games in 5 days to accommodate TV? We have BTN, FS1, etc. now and that’s not necessary. But it has been done. Advantage Iowa IMO...play 9 and can go 12 deep if necessary.

The scheduling is so tight now, if MSU has to make up two to three games they better get some intramural players stat, cause it's gonna be brutal playing 3 times in a week.

Penn State is scheduled to play 4 games this week (Sunday through Saturday). Sunday 1-17 at Purdue (loss 72-80), Tuesday 1-19 at Illinois (loss 65-79), Thursday 1-21 vs Rutgers, and Saturday 1-23 vs Northwestern.

Penn State is scheduled to play 4 games this week (Sunday through Saturday). Sunday 1-17 at Purdue (loss 72-80), Tuesday 1-19 at Illinois (loss 65-79), Thursday 1-21 vs Rutgers, and Saturday 1-23 vs Northwestern.
This should answer the question as to whether games will be made up of canceled.

Link to article about Michigan State trying to reschedule games ...

Izzo said he told his team that with the rescheduling there would be a good chance his squad would be playing 14 games in a span of 32-33 days, a format that aligns similarly with that of an NBA team.

"There’ll be no whistle blowing in the auxiliary gym," Izzo said. "We’ll be in a hotel playing one game (and) flying to the next place. It’ll be an NBA schedule. That’s the first time they laughed and cheered this morning. No Izzo, no practices, so we tried to make light of that — I did — anyway, and I think it was good.”

Link to article about Michigan State trying to reschedule games ...

Izzo said he told his team that with the rescheduling there would be a good chance his squad would be playing 14 games in a span of 32-33 days, a format that aligns similarly with that of an NBA team.

"There’ll be no whistle blowing in the auxiliary gym," Izzo said. "We’ll be in a hotel playing one game (and) flying to the next place. It’ll be an NBA schedule. That’s the first time they laughed and cheered this morning. No Izzo, no practices, so we tried to make light of that — I did — anyway, and I think it was good.”

With his "there'll be no whistle blowing" comment, was that aimed at the team or the refs?

Ouch, brutal.

I know, dems are the breaks. Shit ,get your undeclassman some experieice in games so they know what to expect.
Yep. Our high school team is playing their fifth game in eight days today.

Gotta watch the legs. You will be able to tell if the grind is catching up to them, albeit taking into account that they are kids who should be in good physical shape.

Latest posts