Is Covid going to end the season again

longtimer

I see the Nebraska game is now postponed. Seems like more and more are going that way. Can there be a meaningful Big Ten tournament and then National tournament if a significant number of teams can't participate? Sure hope there is. We may not have another team like this for awhile!!

On a similar note I was wondering how COVID might play a part in the BIG race. Iowa has postponed games at home that would be considered two of their easier games.

I think the powers that be are going to do their best to finish the season but how infections will affect things may get interesting.

Just seems too weird that most of the team's that are postponing for covid reasons are bottom dwellers. Their team sucks so lets just cash it in.
I have had this thought as well. I think teams that are struggling are less likely to be careful outside of their practice facilities.

The tournament is still 2 months away so hopefully with the vaccine rolling out, things will be better by then. Lately it seems like half the teams involving the top 25 are being postponed. It will be classic iowa basketball to have a once in a lifetime player miss 2 tournaments in a row due to a once in a lifetime pandemic tho.

thats not why they don't play guys lol...

they don't want it to spread... so we play them and then get it spread in our team also...

Correct. Thanks for pointing out to some people that not everything is a conspiracy. If you find out a couple of your teammates have covid and you have been practicing with them up close and personal then just like any situation like this, there should be a quarantine time or a few days to see who else might have contracted it.

Correct. Thanks for pointing out to some people that not everything is a conspiracy. If you find out a couple of your teammates have covid and you have been practicing with them up close and personal then just like any situation like this, there should be a quarantine time or a few days to see who else might have contracted it.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy mentality. Its the fact that like football there is no third/neutral party determining whether a program is getting shut down or not. I get that basketball and football are completely different sports, but when you've got Harbaugh opening practices back up on Sunday's and then talking about how great the practice was and how everyone's ready to go only to call the games off on a Monday or Tuesday two weeks in a row I'd say it's fair to question it without it necessarily being a conspiracy theory.

I'm 100% on board with being precautious and and quarantining athletes, but this is also a billion dollar industry and there are things such as conference standings, recruiting, and rankings that all are vital to future success. So in my opinion, to say that the same programs that have been known to illegally recruit and bribe recruits to sign with them wouldn't find a way to take advantage of something like this in some way shape or form is illogical.

The likelyhood of any conference basketball tournaments being held is dropping by the day.
However with the NCAA ptotocols in place in Indianapolis, I believe the big dance will go on.

The likelyhood of any conference basketball tournaments being held is dropping by the day.
However with the NCAA ptotocols in place in Indianapolis, I believe the big dance will go on.
This team would probabky find a way to lose to Nebraska in the Big 10 tournament anyway lol.

Everything last March/April was just crazy because no one knew what the hell was going on. We know a lot more now. Zero chance they cancel the NCAA tournament again.

I agree that the tourney almost certainly is a go, especially considering all the time and effort that was utilized to adjust to the virus.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, though, as there is a high likelihood of teams testing positive. I'm assuming that they would have to forfeit the respective game.

Boy, that would suck. Imagine being in the Elite 8, then having to forfeit your chance at the Final Four. Ouch. I wouldn't want to be the guy that's singled out via contact tracing as the source.

Latest posts