Is B1G referees fair in games in B1G??

Tom Eades is the devil. Wait, no he's not. The devil can see.

In case you forgot who he is:
tom-eades.jpg

rarely is the question asked: "Is our children learning?"

Be nice. You never know who has had their learning stunted by something liek a hearing disability. If you don't hear the language, it's difficult to speak it.

rarely is the question asked: "Is our children learning?"

Atomic is a very good poster with a unique style. He is one of those who make HN better and fun to roam around. It is a legitimate question because we have been the victims of some of very poor and questionable calls by particular referees. Last season at Wisconsin, Olaseni was hit hard going to be basket, an obvious foul. No call. Immediately at the other end of the court he was hammered and called for a foul. Fran was righteously indignant and was called for a technical, after the technical a referee walked right into him and threw him out of the game.....

The referees seem to love Izzo and Bo Ryan and give them many breaks, game winning breaks. It is always unusual to see Izzo and a referee whispering during a MSU free throw.....

One thing our children Is learning is that some referees are very biased in the Big Ten and college basketball in general. They have let their authority corrupt them and are taking over the games. I am tired of a foul called every time down the floor at times. Many referees are fair and call unbiased games and let the teams play in all conferences. One bad apple can spoil the bunch is the opinion many people have of the officials, but not all are worthless.....

Jack.....

:rolleyes:

I can't stand conspiracy talk...it makes me think of ISU fans.

All due respect, I think Jack N. is right on the money. I have been a season ticket holder for Iowa BB for a long time, and the deference that is afforded to Bo Ryan, Izzo, and frankly, to some other coaches of "power" teams gets to be more obvious than you would believe. Just MHO.

There's a difference between blaming the refs and saying the refs are bad. Go over to CryFan if you want to see people blaming refs...and stay there.

There's a difference between blaming the refs and saying the refs are bad. Go over to CryFan if you want to see people blaming refs...and stay there.

Point taken. But yes, refs are bad, they have always had their struggles, and established coaches get away with more than new guys. Nothing new there.

Atomic is a very good poster with a unique style. He is one of those who make HN better and fun to roam around. It is a legitimate question because we have been the victims of some of very poor and questionable calls by particular referees. Last season at Wisconsin, Olaseni was hit hard going to be basket, an obvious foul. No call. Immediately at the other end of the court he was hammered and called for a foul. Fran was righteously indignant and was called for a technical, after the technical a referee walked right into him and threw him out of the game.....The referees seem to love Izzo and Bo Ryan and give them many breaks, game winning breaks. It is always unusual to see Izzo and a referee whispering during a MSU free throw.....One thing our children Is learning is that some referees are very biased in the Big Ten and college basketball in general. They have let their authority corrupt them and are taking over the games. I am tired of a foul called every time down the floor at times. Many referees are fair and call unbiased games and let the teams play in all conferences. One bad apple can spoil the bunch is the opinion many people have of the officials, but not all are worthless.....Jack.....:rolleyes:

OK fine. But the thread title still reminds me of that george W bush quote ... so I posted it.

I can't stand conspiracy talk...it makes me think of ISU fans.

In case this is in response to my comment. My comment was a poorly chosen attempt at humor at the expense of cyfans. I don't think there is a conspiracy but refs have become a big part of sports particularly in basketball. Some refs let their personal feelings permeate the calls they make and it's not hidden well at all. If Bo Ryan did the same thing as Fran in the game last year do you really think the results would have been the same? Nobody keeps Bo or Tom Izzo in the coaches box. Ref's are biased. It happens in every walk in society. Just because their job description means they should be fair and unbiased

They may be bad but is there a conspiracy?

Well, there is history. How about the phantom foul on Kevin Boyle called by Jim Bain? Boyle was at half court and called for fouling a shooter under the basket in the Purdue game. If it is a conspiracy, it's been going on a loooooooong time.

In case this is in response to my comment. My comment was a poorly chosen attempt at humor at the expense of cyfans. I don't think there is a conspiracy but refs have become a big part of sports particularly in basketball. Some refs let their personal feelings permeate the calls they make and it's not hidden well at all. If Bo Ryan did the same thing as Fran in the game last year do you really think the results would have been the same? Nobody keeps Bo or Tom Izzo in the coaches box. Ref's are biased. It happens in every walk in society. Just because their job description means they should be fair and unbiased

Crean seems to be able to go pretty much anywhere on the sideline as well.

You cant tell me the **** the Big 10 conference puts out there are the best there is. Mike Sanzere? Mike must be buddies with someone in charge because he is a ********* official.

I try very hard to not concern myself with officiating. There is nothing that anyone can do about it and it will drive you crazy if you start to focus on it.

My goal for this season is to cheer the team, critique the coaches, and comment on performances. Will I be successful? Prolly not, but I'll try.

Latest posts