Is asking the players to overcome bad coaching fair?

I don;t think you know what's going on.....Glen Mason? Really? You're a joke.
Hate speech? That's all you got? Hating someone doesn't make the head coach more talented or get Iowa the number of wins this team is capable of.

Hate speech? That's all you got? Hating someone doesn't make the head coach more talented or get Iowa the number of wins this team is capable of.
hate speech? What? I think you've misinterpreted what I said. If you think KF and IOwa compare to Glenn Mason....that's a joke. A bit extreme. What is this Iowa team capable of then?

Is that right. Well, like I said in another thread going into this game we had the #1 qb in receiving yards in the Big 10, #1 wr in receiving yards, and the #2 rb in rushing yards. And we couldn't score until 3 minutes left in the game against Nebraska who Michigan(a team we beat) rolled up 45 points on.

We had a stud WR, a guy that was recruited to IC to throw passes not catch them, but his prowess doesn't make a good team. Our OL, DL, LB and secondary was average, that may be kind for a few of those groups.

In terms of QB, brag up the yards all you want. JVB is the king of checking down to the 4 yard completion on 3rd and 6, looks really good for the QB rating but is REALLY bad when you put our average D right back on the field. Outside of the Pitt game, our passing game was below expectations with the exception of some studly plays by McNutt.

I like Coker, a top tier Big Ten RB, but every good team that I see has more than one good RB to keep guys fresh. Geez, LSU has like 4 above and beyond their running QB! We don't even have a back up that we can count on for a carry or two to spell Coker in the middle of a game. The guy's a horse, but we found out in the Minny game his running game won't be enough to win us a game.

Coaching is a business. You've turned it into a religion and deified whoever sits on the pulpit. That's unhealthy in every aspect.
If sports were just a business....then none of us would be on a website 5 hours after the game talking about it. It is far closer to religion than business.

We had a stud WR, a guy that was recruited to IC to throw passes not catch them, but his prowess doesn't make a good team. Our OL, DL, LB and secondary was average, that may be kind for a few of those groups.

In terms of QB, brag up the yards all you want. JVB is the king of checking down to the 4 yard completion on 3rd and 6, looks really good for the QB rating but is REALLY bad when you put our average D right back on the field. Outside of the Pitt game, our passing game was below expectations with the exception of some studly plays by McNutt.

I like Coker, a top tier Big Ten RB, but every good team that I see has more than one good RB to keep guys fresh. Geez, LSU has like 4 above and beyond their running QB! We don't even have a back up that we can count on for a carry or two to spell Coker in the middle of a game. The guy's a horse, but we found out in the Minny game his running game won't be enough to win us a game.

How do you think Coker got all those rushing yards if our O line is average? And you are comparing our talent to the #1 ranked team in the country now?

no, that's different...it's normal;)
Hating an alum and fellow fan of the school isn't going to make Kirk any better at winning rivalry games.

We will continue to lose to Minny/ISU/NW 50% of the time and Nebraska 80% of the time. We won't win the legends division with Kirk because he has been figured out. Pelini is now officially a better coach than Kirk and that is a terrible thing for any Hawkeye fan to endure.

Since 2004 only one overachieving season. That's what the midas contract was supposed to buy the fans?

Yep, I agree. We have some young ones that could turn out to be monsters, but this year we all knew we were rebuilding. The D did a good job of getting better as the year went on. But over all look what we lost to the NFL last year, plus a new qb, plus a soph RB who was dinged pre season getting all the carries. Next year we will be good on O (with drive and work) and if we can get some of those big freshmen up to speed, we wont be run on very easy either. The secondary had some younger guys on it this year who will be better next as well. I hope Mc Call gets his head on straight, as he could be a big asset in the future, heck who knows he might break some records. We all know atleast he would complement Coker very well. We just need the team to have the drive all off season and to drive some competition within the program. There is room to move up, question is do we have the kids willing to put in the work to move up?
I say make all the kids coming back spend 15 min everyday looking at an empty trophy case before practice and the first question after that is are you willing to do anything about it?

I don't fully buy into the "rebuilding" excuse, mostly because I don't think Iowa, after 13 years with the same staff, who has had success, should need to rebuild this much. They should be like a good business that has been establsihed, with solid A/Rs replenishing the till and enough new business and repeat customers to keep the future looking bright. I wonder after 13 years how the account got to be so empty? Management? Complacent workforce? Non-demanding stockholders?

We're now traveling down the Alfordesque trail.

Kirk has spent almost all of the goodwill he built up in the first 6 years.

The fanbase is now divided and we will continue to Sandusky each other until the final straw is broken. It's going to be a slow bleed and Kirk will be allowed to "retire" on his own terms around 2020. He'll leave the program in the exact same condition it was handed to him.

Between now and then there will be 1 million threads arguing about past glories. As those years get farther in the rear view mirror the fighting will consume the boards like they did during the Alford years.

Joe Paterno got to the top of his profession because of his ego. It was also his undoing.

Latest posts