Is #15 Iowa's Greatest All Time Player? Who is on your Mt. Rushmore for Iowa BB?

I'm not saying he should be on the Mt. Rushmore of Iowa but I never see Acie Earl's name in discussions of all time Hawkeye greats. Was he not as good as I remember?

I'd probably have Chris Street on my Mt. Rushmore...

I'm still experiencing the euphoric high of the last 4 days. Wow, was that amazing.

I've been watching Iowa basketball carefully since 1964 and seen a lot of great players. Is Murray the best ever? I say yes....even more dominant than the great Ronnie Lester.

My Mt. Rushmore:

Murray
Lester
Garza
Fred Brown
Has to be Garza, two time national player of the year... enough said

Don Nelson was no slouch

• No. 19 retired by the Celtics
  • Five-time NBA champion
  • Three-time NBA Coach of the Year
  • NBA's all-time leader in coaching victories

Nelson was known as a hard-nosed, no-nonsense coach for the Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors, and Dallas Mavericks after making a name for himself as a gritty forward for the Boston Celtics between 1965 and 1976, winning five titles as a player

Nelly had an unusual free-throw style

1647373974848.png

Here we have Nelly playing poker at his pad on Maui with Willie Nelson, Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson

1647373736910.png

Listened on WHO Radio to the Hawkeyes playing at number one Ohio State with Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek, Mel Nowell, Larry Seigfried. Nelson outplayed Jerry Lukas. The Hawks lost by a basket.

Don Nelson
Downtown Freddy Brown
John Johnson
(Freddy Brown and John Johnson played on the World Champion
Seattle Supersonics in 1979)
Ronnie Lester
Roy Marble
Aaron White*
Luka Garza
Keegan Murray

:cool:

Last edited:
Don Nelson was no slouch

• No. 19 retired by the Celtics
  • Five-time NBA champion
  • Three-time NBA Coach of the Year
  • NBA's all-time leader in coaching victories

Nelson was known as a hard-nosed, no-nonsense coach for the Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors, and Dallas Mavericks after making a name for himself as a gritty forward for the Boston Celtics between 1965 and 1976, winning five titles as a player

Nelly had an unusual free-throw style

View attachment 8841

Here we have Nelly playing poker at his pad on Maui with Willie Nelson, Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson

View attachment 8840

Listened on WHO Radio to the Hawkeyes playing at number one Ohio State with Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek, Mel Nowell, Larry Seigfried. Nelson outplayed Jerry Lukas. The Hawks lost by a basket.

Don Nelson
Downtown Freddy Brown
John Johnson
(Freddy Brown and John Johnson played on the World Champion
Seattle Supersonics in 1979)
Roy Marble
Aaron White*
Luka Garza
Keegan Murray

:cool:
Sam Williams?

G
Garza was an alltime hawkeye no doubt but as far as pure basketball skill Garza couldnt lace Murrays shoes. Murray is just incredible everywhere on the basketball court. His defense doesnt get talked about enough. Greatest player of my lifetime and i dont think its even close.

Latest posts