Ironic news

NCHawker

Here is a list of top recruits in Iowa. One of the top recruits is a punter...and he committed to Georgia.

1687887871944.png

Iowa didn't offer
Which blows my mind... I get that they wouldn't normally and don't like to tie up scholarships to incoming punters that probably won't play right away but that seemed like a kid to make an exception for. I get the feeling there's something more there there but I could be wrong. As far as why Iowa didn't offer and why he didn't wait a bit longer to maybe still get one. Felt like he wanted to be a Hawk but who's turning down a free ride to GA or anywhere else as a punter to walk on at Iowa?

I'm going to give Woods the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe he's got another Australian lined up. He ended up with Taylor out of the relationship with Sleep-Dalton.

I'm going to give Woods the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe he's got another Australian lined up. He ended up with Taylor out of the relationship with Sleep-Dalton.

Aside from the kid who happened to share a last name with that fella on the Board of Regents, Iowa has had a pretty good run of punters going back deep into the Hayden years. I trust the staff. This kid bolting for Georgia may be a choke artist like that kid from Ankeny who was a kicker who got all hyped and went to Miami and totally sucked when he got there. Do you remember that kid? I think he got profiled in SI or something because he hit a 50+ yarder in a game and it was huge news at the time.

4 OL on the list.
Only 1 going to Iowa.
Telling.
Brix (#1) had an offer from Iowa. Also offered by 25+ P5 schools.
Rakers (#12) did not have an Iowa offer. 11 P5 offers.
Peters (#16) did not have an Iowa offer. Nebraska was his only P5 offer.

We may never know with Brix, but something happened early on there. The rumor is that he basically shut down Iowa's recruitment very early in the process. If I had to guess, I'd surmise that there was an anti-Hawkeye vibe in the family growing up, but who knows.

Klieman has it going on at Kansas State. He will get a very strong look by the AD when Kirk hangs it up, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he ends up in I.C.