Irish being thumped 21-0

College football doesn't need a playoff. It needs a draft.

I always hear how these things are cyclical, but it is clear that the SEC isn't going anywhere. Alabama might as well be in the NFL. I don't see any conference that is anywhere near close to knocking the championship out of the Southeast, especially as the top talent will keep going there.

A playoff wouldn't change anything. Getting bad enough that I might just stop watching college football altogether, like I have the NFL. The games are just...boring.

College football doesn't need a playoff. It needs a draft.

I always hear how these things are cyclical, but it is clear that the SEC isn't going anywhere. Alabama might as well be in the NFL. I don't see any conference that is anywhere near close to knocking the championship out of the Southeast, especially as the top talent will keep going there.

A playoff wouldn't change anything. Getting bad enough that I might just stop watching college football altogether, like I have the NFL. The games are just...boring.

I somewhat agree. College FB is now a southern sport. I will still follow the Bigten though unless it goes big two little eight.
I , unlike you, appreciate the NFL more than ever. It's more fair. The college game is all too often a contest between unequals. Its ok as long as you maintain the illusion of competition, but for me that illusion is gone.

I somewhat agree. College FB is now a southern sport. I will still follow the Bigten though unless it goes big two little eight.
I , unlike you, appreciate the NFL more than ever. It's more fair. The college game is all too often a contest between unequals. Its ok as long as you maintain the illusion of competition, but for me that illusion is gone.

Boy it sure does seem to be going this way. I think a playoff is going to make this worse.

The NFL parity is far superior to CFB. Not to mention the superior athletes. The salary cap helps as well.

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CFB

Boy it sure does seem to be going this way. I think a playoff is going to make this worse.
This is what Hawk fans need to understand. We will have our years where we are decent and we get a few bounces, but we will NEVER have a team as stacked as these Bama teams have been. Rose Bowl is the absolute ceiling and I just want one in my lifetime. Sadly, with the playoff and Big Ten title game, even that is probably a pipe dream.

College football is a joke. It's not a sport. It's an election. It's a beauty contest. Use whatever comparison you want to, but it's the only sport where winning isn't the ONLY thing that matters. Reputation, voters, polls, who you play, what conference you are in.....it's laughable. A four team playoff isn't going to solve this mess. Recruiting will never be equal. And that is fine. But at least level the playing field on the field. If all 120 teams had the chance to make the postseason for the right to win it all, I would be willing to bet recruiting would even out some. The south will still gobble up a lot of the good players, but a shift in how the postseason is shaped would change the landscape. Until college football includes every team and every conference in some sort of postseason, the SEC will rule college football. Each team in college football should have an opportunity at that crystal ball. The SEC has every advantage college football can offer. And that isn't going to change anytime soon.

This is what Hawk fans need to understand. We will have our years where we are decent and we get a few bounces, but we will NEVER have a team as stacked as these Bama teams have been. Rose Bowl is the absolute ceiling and I just want one in my lifetime. Sadly, with the playoff and Big Ten title game, even that is probably a pipe dream.

I get this, I won't accept it without complaint. My biggest gripe are the losses in the last 8 years that are preventing us from having 8 win seasons.

lol that was a true freshman making that catch. they are just stacked. so stupid.

You are right, and that won't change as long as Saban is there. He is the best coach in America and it isn't even close. As long as he's there, Alabama may win 6 or 7 more titles. Nobody can match his coaching ability at the college level. If they played A&M again, Alabama would win by 3 touchdowns. Nobody in the SEC is even close to their program. The SEC is good. There is no doubt. But Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia, and Texas A&M are all beatable. Alabama is a monster that no one can stop as long as Saban is there.

You are right, and that won't change as long as Saban is there. He is the best coach in America and it isn't even close. As long as he's there, Alabama may win 6 or 7 more titles. Nobody can match his coaching ability at the college level. If they played A&M again, Alabama would win by 3 touchdowns. Nobody in the SEC is even close to their program. The SEC is good. There is no doubt. But Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia, and Texas A&M are all beatable. Alabama is a monster that no one can stop as long as Saban is there.

He'll get tripped up now and again, the conference is too tough, but overall I believe this is correct. You are not this dominant without hitting on all cylinders. Recruiting, talent, play calls, in game decisions.

Next time some dbag brings up stars in recruiting do not equate to success, reference this game.

Actually reference this program.

Latest posts