Iowa's preseason Big 10 Player of the Year!

Hawks are picked 2nd by coaches and media behind Maryland. The Hawks play the Terps once in Carver. Could easily see them winning the regular season championship. The Hawks need a year of good health. Tania Davis if healthy will almost certainly get post season honors and join Megan and Kathleen on the All Big Ten teams. Makenzie and Hannah both have the talent to step up and give the Hawks 5 players that could earn honors.Iowa has backcourt depth. The biggest need will be for the front court players like Amanda Ollinger and Monika Czinano to step up and provide some depth. This should be a special team.

Wish I lived closer to IC. Would love to go to more women's games. They are entertaining to watch.

I'll just have to make due at home.:D

They most certainly have a shot at the B1G title this year. Like hagarwood said Maryland comes to Carver this year for the only meeting. MSU and JNW will be very good this year also. The Hawks stay healthy and we have a great shot at a deep run into the NCAA tourney also.

I've called out Lisa several times in the past. Her recruiting has picked up big time the last several years. It looks to be a solid team, (barring injuries) this year.

I saw Megan play in high school. Saw her throw shot put and discus too.

Haven't been to a women's game since the Amy Herrig era. I'd like to see Megan play a time or two in her senior year, however.
I hope you get a chance. It'll be a very long time before the Hawks have another player of her caliber come along.

I hope you get a chance. It'll be a very long time before the Hawks have another player of her caliber come along.
Well I for one hope you are dead wrong about that. Megan will go down as maybe the best player we've ever had, but I'm hoping we have a string of players of her caliber coming to Iowa :)

Well I for one hope you are dead wrong about that. Megan will go down as maybe the best player we've ever had, but I'm hoping we have a string of players of her caliber coming to Iowa :)
I would hope so to! A deep run in the NCAA would help that out a lot. A string of them would be awesome!

You might be right and that includes stiff completion from the Stringer era.

Hard to believe that only 35 years ago our high school girls were still playing that six on six game.