Iowa's Offensive Personnel Can Succeed, But Not In That Offense (BHGP)

I just don't see how we can expect things to be much different this season. For the most part, we have the same receivers. But then you toss in a QB who couldn't muster even a few snaps during last season. I think the numbers will be a little better (they can't be any worse) but I don't see this offense lighting up the scoreboard. I hope I am wrong but ...

That might be right, Jon. However, ferentz has proven again and again that he will not make adjustments if he doesn't have the talent to fit his system save the season where Sam Brownley was the running back. That's not coaching, that's foolish.

FreedComanche

There can be no real question, any one of you would make a much better coach than the one we have.

There can be no real question, any one of you would make a much better coach than the one we have.

I just read all 29 of your awsome posts.

You think the next "10 coaches at Iowa will NOT do better than kirk".

You think the reason Iowa has had problems is because the Wrs cant catch the ball. Which you have said in a third of your post on this site.

You sir know very little about football. Thats about as nice as I can put that.

Why has kirk had so many years of bad players then?

How come the players keep changing but the results dont?

You come in here tell everyone that everyone blames the coach when a team loses (horrible kentucky post #unotknowsomuch) yet you would just rather blame the players.

Who brings in the players?
Who is responsible to teach them?
Who is supposed to teach them what a onside kick is?
How many different groups of players have had the same problems?

I have your answer for you.........Well do you think you could do better?

Things got really bad at the end of last year, but I honestly think it will be worse on here at the end of this year. I have a feeling that there will be no system changes and therefore when AIRBHG strikes again, we're screwed.
call me a pessimist.

How big of a factor does the performance of the offensive line play in the success of this team?

Under KOK this offense seemed to live or die by it's offensive line. I'm uncertain if that is the case under Greg Davis. Are we still a team that seeks to establish run first, then work in play action and a few down field shots? If so, then we live or die by the offensive line this year (Seemingly one of our strengths of this team).

If Davis is looking to be more of a passing offense and we use the run to keep the defense honest, then we live our die by our skill positions. And other than the TE position those are huge unknowns.

Iowa fans were making the same complaint about KOK when he was here. If Ferentz fired Davis this afternoon, the next offensive coordinator would be taking the same heat after a 13 point effort against Northern ILL.

The OC is not the problem. He's just the whipping boy.

What if Ferentz told Greg that he had to blend the things KF liked with the things Greg liked...and the personnel that Iowa had? I can totally see that...and if that is the case, it's not a GD problem per se.

That was the gist of what Davis said in an interview about a year ago.

Iowa fans were making the same complaint about KOK when he was here. If Ferentz fired Davis this afternoon, the next offensive coordinator would be taking the same heat after a 13 point effort against Northern ILL.

The OC is not the problem. He's just the whipping boy.

Ive said this for awhile......

fun facts

KOK won a nation championship (D2?) running the spread.

Kirk once worked under KOK.

I wonder if Jacobi got fired again; he's been on BHGP the past couple weeks throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Argue? That is merely my opinion.

Oh..........it's a chicken sh--, pu--, weak, passive aggressive, not trying, f--- it comment that's designed to shut somebody up that disagrees with you!!!!!! Classic move that relies on emotion rather than on objective facts. And you know it.

Gee, can't believe I got worked up over that. I should get used to this as more and more people of this culture have no desire and have not been tought to think about anything.

FreedComanche

Latest posts