Iowa's next opponent Gardner-Webb beat DePaul 71-59 tonight in Chicago

Interesting that they had only 6 players go more than 10 minutes. Hopefully the Hawks can speed the game up and wear them down in the second half.

VT the hawks opponents in the BT/ACC challenge is 3-0 and looks like they will be 6-0 when Iowa plays them on their home court

VT the hawks opponents in the BT/ACC challenge is 3-0 and looks like they will be 6-0 when Iowa plays them on their home court

Also, Gardner Webb apparently only trailed North Carolina by single digits late in the second half.

This will be a good test for Iowa, and then the schedule gets much tougher.

zomg Gardner-Webb might roll teh Hox!! :rolleyes:

Hox would also lose to Wingate, for sure. And prolly Johnson C. Smith, too.

#tinyNorthCarolinacollegescandominatetheHawkeyes

Damn my Brother in Law played at GW 6 years ago. We bet $5 on the game...did I blow my money there??

I believe that CMU was an excellent test, tonights game was a little rough but I think the switching defensive styles by Howard had something to do with our shooting. GW seems to be another decent test for our nonconference schedule. Won't be a gimme to get to 4-0.

I believe that CMU was an excellent test, tonights game was a little rough but I think the switching defensive styles by Howard had something to do with our shooting. GW seems to be another decent test for our nonconference schedule. Won't be a gimme to get to 4-0.

We haven't really played a decent test yet and Gardner-Webb shouldn't really be one either yet they are and we are struggling with some bad teams. This is concerning.

We haven't really played a decent test yet and Gardner-Webb shouldn't really be one either yet they are and we are struggling with some bad teams. This is concerning.

Gardner-Webb is playing their fourth game in seven days when they play the hawkeyes. They played at DePaul tonight and will have to travel to Iowa for saturdays game. I don't think Iowa is really struggling, but Fran is trying to coach defense over offense right now.

This will be an extremely good test. Fran will be able to see which players can handle tough game situations, and execution down the stretch....props to our young Hawks for working hard...they have a long ways to go, but these young kids (at times) seem like old veterans....it'll be fun to watch them as they enter tougher opponents.....Saturday will certainly be one of them...

That Gardner is pretty messed up The Mad Gardener's Song - text of Lewis Carroll

Fran has been using the past couple of games to experiment--bigs, guards, etc. It will be interesting to see if he's found the right lineups/chemistry Saturday night. Won't be an easy win.

I have a feeling that the 10 man rotations will be a thing of the past when conference play starts, maybe even sooner. We just have no rhythm right now. I sure hope we have a group we can lean on when we need them.

If winning by 31,12 and 30 is considered struggling I'm concerned about your grasp of the game.

Latest posts