Iowa's Newest Verbal Commit...

Nice pickup! Kid looks like a beast.

Found this article about the top linebackers which puts him in the top 25
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals Camp Series: Top linebackers

"Outsey caught everyone's eye when he walked up to registration at the Newark RCS, because he is built like a college linebacker. When he stepped on the field, it was surprising to see how well he moved for a 6-foot-3, 210-pound linebacker. Even though linebackers are at a severe disadvantage in the camp one-on-one setting, Outsey really held his own. He was always around the football and made it difficult for the running backs to make a catch. "

Yes it does...and is it just me or are these guys looking more solidly put together than guys in the past few classes? No softies (soft bodies)...they look like athletes.

i'm thinking the other named verbal commitment needs to 'desoften' a bit. that's not being critical, just an observation based on your comment! :)

Haha...OL are exempt from being softies, ankle!

look at a picture of scherff last year and then as a first year player. total transformation. and it wasn't even that he was a pile of goo when he came to iowa, but the transformation certainly gains ones attention. nice to see us getting the best players in iowa!

I want to start by saying Ive never been that critical on the recruiting by the staff. That being said it looks like they have kicked this year into drive.

Seems as though they are going after some higher talent and closing.

So as Iam critical of KF. I need to say that I think he started a big change in recruiting when he brought in BF. Looks as thought KF has kept the ball rolling with some of these other new coaches he has added. Well done on the recruiting front Kirk.

Rivals has Jameer rated as the 24th best lber in the country, but must not have updated his profile as it shows him as zero stars...might just mean they have not rated him yet?

Looking at that list of the top lbers in the country...out of the top 27 guys...only 3 were in the Big Ten footprint...and I know that one..Nyles Morgan of Crete-Monee(#11), is probably headed to the SEC.

Most of these guys are from SEC country already....what a tough deal for the Big Ten to try to compete.

Glad we got Jameer...he looks like a good one!

look at a picture of scherff last year and then as a first year player. total transformation. and it wasn't even that he was a pile of goo when he came to iowa, but the transformation certainly gains ones attention. nice to see us getting the best players in iowa!
I've only seen a few pics of Render, but for being a 315lb OL he looks like he's solidly put together and not the soft body I thought he might be.

I want to start by saying Ive never been that critical on the recruiting by the staff. That being said it looks like they have kicked this year into drive.

Seems as though they are going after some higher talent and closing.

So as Iam critical of KF. I need to say that I think he started a big change in recruiting when he brought in BF. Looks as thought KF has kept the ball rolling with some of these other new coaches he has added. Well done on the recruiting front Kirk.
Totally agree...it looks like they're getting better athletes even if the stars aren't behind all of their names just yet.

For an east coast kid with a Syracuse offer to commit to Iowa at this point without having visited says a lot. He has the body for it and we all know after this yr it's going to be a 3 way battle for 3 spots so the more bodies the better. Thats a big need so I have a feeling he was targeted and recruited pretty hard and they made him feel more then just wanted. I like what this new group of coaches have been doing on the recruiting trails. I think they know what they are doing and they won't get outworked.

Latest posts