Iowa's last post season Hoops Win???

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
March of 2003, in the NIT.

In March of 2003, gas prices were nearing all time highs, with a March 10th, 2003 price of $1.72 per gallon.

In Da Club by 50 cent was the #1 song for the month of March 2003

Other things that took place in 2003

Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected Governor of California

Apples launches iTunes

Finding Nemo is released in theaters

The new US Department of Homeland Security began operations

The US and UK invaded Iraq

Saddam Hussein was captured in Tikrit

Bartman interfered with a foul ball at Wrigley

Last edited:
In Da Club is that old? holy crap. I was too old to like it in 2003 but it had a great groove...now I have kids that like hip-hop so I would probably like it now if it was just released lol. :)

That sad part is the price of gas is doing another record high. I sure hope the price of gas has nothing to do with Iowa basketball winning a postseason game or I'll start walking.

That sad part is the price of gas is doing another record high. I sure hope the price of gas has nothing to do with Iowa basketball winning a postseason game or I'll start walking.

Like I said during the Alford years, high fuel prices coupled with the advent of HDTV are very bad for Iowa basketball. The majority of the fanbase is senior citizens living on social security checks and when gas prices go up, they cannot afford to roll the '97 Crown Vic over from the Quad Cities or down from Cedar Rapids. And with the HDTV, you can watch the game at home and not miss any of the action, save for the ice cream line. The administration has also crushed goodwill with promises of cheap hot dogs that never materialized. Anything north of 10k now is great.

Like I said during the Alford years, high fuel prices coupled with the advent of HDTV are very bad for Iowa basketball. The majority of the fanbase is senior citizens living on social security checks and when gas prices go up, they cannot afford to roll the '97 Crown Vic over from the Quad Cities or down from Cedar Rapids. And with the HDTV, you can watch the game at home and not miss any of the action, save for the ice cream line. The administration has also crushed goodwill with promises of cheap hot dogs that never materialized. Anything north of 10k now is great.

The ice cream wasn't that special either at CHA. Nothing you can't get at your small town Dairy Sweet....I'll just pick up some Culver's custard on the way home tonight to watch the game on my 22 year old Sony and maybe eat a Kwik Trip pizza. Nobody is going to tell me to sit down and shut up either...

That win was against ISU in Ames right?

Yeah I was their, A young freshman named Jeff Horner knocked down an ice cold 3 with :43 seconds to suck the life out of Hilton.

owa 54, Iowa State 53, in Ames

A crowd of 14,020 in Hilton Coliseum saw a game that was anything but pretty, but it sure was intense.

Glen Worley and Sean Sonderleiter savor Iowa's 54-53 NIT win at Iowa State in 2003 (AP photo)
Iowa freshman point guard Jeff Horner sank a 3-pointer to tie the score at 53 with :43 remaining. Then ISU’s Jackson Vroman missed two free throws. Iowa’s Brody Boyd broke the tie by making one of two fouls shots with :21 left. ISU had two airballed the first of two foul shots and bricked the second. And Iowa’s Brody Boyd made one of two free throws for a Hawkeye lead with :21 left. The Cyclones failed on two subsequent chances to score.

Horner leaped into fellow freshman Greg Brunner’s arms after the game. Leslie rolled around on the court like a playful infant. Alford gave Leslie a leaping chest bump in the hallway outside the Hawkeyes’ dressing room

March of 2003, in the NIT.

In March of 2003, gas prices were nearing all time highs, with a March 10th, 2003 price of $1.72 per gallon.

In Da Club by 50 cent was the #1 song for the month of March 2003

Other things that took place in 2003

Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected Governor of California

Apples launches iTunes

Finding Nemo is released in theaters

The new US Department of Homeland Security began operations

The US and UK invaded Iraq

Saddam Hussein was captured in Tikrit

Bartman interfered with a foul ball at Wrigley

The best part of 2003 if I do say so myself! :D:D

Blah, Blah, Blah

You know what was bad for Iowa basketball during the Alford years? Alford!!!

Well played!

Man, 2003.. That feels like ancient history. Ok, guess it is..

Fran has a habit of breaking losing streaks though, so here's hoping for one more streak going down. :D

Latest posts