Iowa's jerseys are trash

I'll start this by swinging for the fence: Iowa should use the "Iowa" script font jerseys that were previously worn as an throw back as their main template
article_1f162666-43ae-11e1-ab6c-0019bb2963f4.html

But... if that's not an option, can Nike at least update the styling? I don't get how Nike decides what schools get updates and when. For isntance, UNI and Loyola have the modern cut jerseys that the blue bloods (Duke, UNC, Kentucky) have. Yet, Iowa, Purdue, and Gonzaga are still wearing these "muscle T's" with shorts that go hang pass the knees that players have to roll at the waste just to fit.
loyola-beats-nevada-69-68-continues-improbable-ncaa-run
374dvlJw8Eh

Maybe I'm getting old and just trying to b**ch about something. Or, maybe I'm too young and care too much about superficial appearances. Whatever.. thanks for letting me vent.

I'll start this by swinging for the fence: Iowa should use the "Iowa" script font jerseys that were previously worn as an throw back as their main template
article_1f162666-43ae-11e1-ab6c-0019bb2963f4.html

But... if that's not an option, can Nike at least update the styling? I don't get how Nike decides what schools get updates and when. For isntance, UNI and Loyola have the modern cut jerseys that the blue bloods (Duke, UNC, Kentucky) have. Yet, Iowa, Purdue, and Gonzaga are still wearing these "muscle T's" with shorts that go hang pass the knees that players have to roll at the waste just to fit.
loyola-beats-nevada-69-68-continues-improbable-ncaa-run
374dvlJw8Eh

Maybe I'm getting old and just trying to b**ch about something. Or, maybe I'm too young and care too much about superficial appearances. Whatever.. thanks for letting me vent.

You're trying to link http pages as images. You need to link the actual image...

I'll care about uniforms when the team starts caring about defense.

I’ve never been a big jersey guy but I will say that the team seems to play better when they wear the gold unis.

Maybe they should wear em all the time.

Discussing jerseys while compiling a losing record is the most 'Iowa State thing' ever.
However, I can't help but indulge. I agree with the OP regarding the script jerseys, those are my personal favorites. Our jerseys now are pretty awful, and we need to get away from the Nascar font.
The women's team actually has cool black jerseys and gold jerseys. Anything without the outline border on 'IOWA'.

Always kinda liked these, from the late 80's or early 90's. The Chris Street pic below was the 92-93 season as I'm sure most Hawk fans will remember.

To be honest, I'm not that big on the cursive font, but so I'm in the minority it seems.

I also actually preferred the old gold court. The black is fine and it looks good, but I liked the brighter look to the old floor. I may be in the minority there, too. Oh, and I'd be good with losing the parquet look. I guess it just reminds me of the cheap vinyl parquet floors from the old town house I used to live in. But, I digress.

CS3.jpg

Last edited:
Always kinda liked these, from the late 80's or early 90's. The Chris Street pic below was the 92-93 season as I'm sure most Hawk fans will remember.

To be honest, I'm not that big on the cursive font, but so I'm in the minority it seems.

I also actually preferred the old gold court. The black is fine and it looks good, but I liked the brighter look to the old floor. I may be in the minority there, too. Oh, and I'd be good with losing the parquet look. I guess it just reminds me of the cheap vinyl parquet floors from the old town house I used to live in.

CS3.jpg
This X100000000