LC Prater, Castillo
SS Sash, Donatell
FS Greenwood, Miller
RC Hyde, Lowery
PT Donahue, Guthrie
PK Meyer, Mossbrucker

KOR: Davis, Chaney

PR: Chaney, McNutt

My guess, given his concussion history, it's ceremonial so he is on the two deep for the bowl game from a posterity POV

He could he submit for a medical redshirt after this season if he wanted to? Or is this it for him?

Edit: I guess I didn't realize he had a history with concussions. I was really hoping he'd play in the bowl game. He deserved it for giving it his all when he had his chance, and after all the dogging he gets on here and other websites(I know it's all in fun, but still). I also wish him well after football.

Last edited:
Agreed...I don't think Paki sees the field...I just hope the kid's feeling better and has a hugely successful life after football.

This is not an attack against Koeppel but if he is starting the bowl game I have a lot of doubt about the future of Iowa football. Not that the collapse of the offense the last four games was entirely his fault but it was a big part of it. I mean if we can't get somebody else in 4 weeks to fill that position other than a 260 pound former walkon we are really in trouble. I appreciate his work ethic but you can't have a 260 pound center and guard.

Also, while it is fine if Sandeman start I really hope that Keenan Davis gets the majority of the reps.

This is not a slam against Koeppel but how on earth is he still starting ahead of both Gettis and McMillan who were the original starters? One of those 2 guys has to be healthy and ready to go by now ????

This continues to spell trouble for the offense.

I just do not get this at all.

From what I noticed this season, MacMillan had either neck or upper-back issues.

I first noticed this during warm-ups against Wisconsin; he wore a brace that day. I'm not sure if he has played since then.

Gettis has been battling a leg/ankle injury, correct? I'm trying to remember.

I agree that both macmillan and gettis looked a lot better than Koeppel, but if Josh is the guy, then so be it.

From what I noticed this season, MacMillan had either neck or upper-back issues.

I first noticed this during warm-ups against Wisconsin; he wore a brace that day. I'm not sure if he has played since then.

Gettis has been battling a leg/ankle injury, correct? I'm trying to remember.

I agree that both macmillan and gettis looked a lot better than Koeppel, but if Josh is the guy, then so be it.

I believe MacMillan played a couple of seriese in the third quarter at Northwestern and I think the offense moved down the field scoring a TD on one of his series, maybe twice. Has not played since? Could be the back issue?

I think Gettis had a high-ankle sprain against MSU.... you would think that he would be close to being healthy by now(6-8 weeks ago???)

Agree,,,, I just find this so interesting from a personnel standpoint that Koeppel gives us the best chance to win from an offensive line perspective.

I was hoping to see Tarp in the two deep. As Jon mentioned about Paki being in the two deep, I think we'll see that this is the same with JK. If Gettis or McMillian are ready to play, they will get the bulk of the time..at least I hope so.

As hard as you were trying to be respectful, the second you said "This is not an attack/slam," it was.

As hard as you were trying to be respectful, the second you said "This is not an attack/slam," it was.

Well you are probably right...it was an attack on his play. I did try and do it respectfully and I am no way making it a personal attack like some on here do. This isn't his fault, he is so grossly undersized it is laughable. The blame should be more directed to the oline development, coaching and recruiting. Let's face it, for a team that is supposed to be a grind it out smash mouth team our oline plays has been very average over the last 6 years.

I just don't understand how we could end up like this. I mean we only had two linemen injured this year, granted they are at the same position, but having only two guys go down shouldn't leave you with a 260 pound kid as your next option. And know the coaches have like 15 practices to get somebody else ready if neither Gettis or MacMillian can play. If Koeppel trots out there to start the game I will be very disheartened.

Latest posts