Iowa's Harrison Barnes Moment?

FOLTA21

Although I know that Woodbury is not as highly ranked as Harrison Barnes I do have to wonder if the announcement tonight will at least be a shadow of that moment.

I feel through chat room chatter the feeling is that Iowa fans have very high hopes that Woodbury will pick Iowa over UNC.

Of course it goes w/o saying I hope he pick Iowa but I just wanted to throw out what I am feeling today.

Does anyone else feel this way? at least slightly?

Also if this has been posted already I apologize.

I definitely feel this way. It has nothing to do with Woodbury (I'm not questioning the kid's character, or manners, or anything else), but I guess I'm just hoping for the best while expecting the worst.

Yes I know they are different types of prospects and we are all hoping for a different ending.

What I really mean is the comparison of Iowa States hopes and feeling HB would pick them much like Hawkeye fans are hoping Woodbury will pick us.

I am merely talking about the scenario of hope...

Yes I know they are different types of prospects and we are all hoping for a different ending.

What I really mean is the comparison of Iowa States hopes and feeling HB would pick them much like Hawkeye fans are hoping Woodbury will pick us.

I don't think that if you ask an ISU person honestly about the chances of HB going to ISU the vast majority would have said there wasn't really a chance. I don't think the intelligent ISU fan really had any hope.

ISU never really had a shot at Barnes, their fan base read every little sign, such as the location of his press conference, and made it seem like he was coming to ISU because that is what they wanted to believe.

Iowa has been the leader in Woodbury's recruitment for a long time. This isn't just Iowa fans saying he's coming here, UNC fans are saying the same thing, as are national media members.

I don't think that if you ask an ISU person honestly about the chances of HB going to ISU the vast majority would have said there wasn't really a chance. I don't think the intelligent ISU fan really had any hope.

Had Hoiberg been there a year earlier, ISU had a shot. But no way
the kid comes to play for a guy who was on the verge of getting the boot.

Fran has a at least 3 more years, and assume he will be there longer, kids
know he is going to be there awhile.

I dont know about that alot of ISU fans really thought they had a chance, They might say that now but at the time I dont think as many would have said that.

I dont know about that alot of ISU fans really thought they had a chance, They might say that now but at the time I dont think as many would have said that.

It was just wishful thinking on their part, and I can't blame for that. But no national recruiting analysts really thought they had a chance, it was always UNC and Duke.

A LOT of people bought the hype towards the end...Miller and Deace saying they thought he was going to ISU swayed a lot of people I knew

With Harrison Barnes the national media was generally clueless because Barnes kept to himself and wasn't like other top recruits. From what I understood Iowa state was in it too the end. But anyway Woodbury would be a huge get for Iowa. I personally I see Woodbury being a guy who struggles at first then comes into his own his sophomore junior season.

ISU never really had a shot at Barnes, their fan base read every little sign, such as the location of his press conference, and made it seem like he was coming to ISU because that is what they wanted to believe.

Iowa has been the leader in Woodbury's recruitment for a long time. This isn't just Iowa fans saying he's coming here, UNC fans are saying the same thing, as are national media members.

Had ISU not been an absolute bottom feeder they would have had a chance. But there is a massive difference between the #1 recruit in the nation and a top 50 guy. Don't kid yourselves. Barnes had about 5 times the offers, and was getting in homes from Self, Williams, Coach K etc. There was a lot more national interest in Barnes.

Latest posts