Iowa’s Defense

I'd like to see this next year:

1. Tyler Cook to move on to Europe. I've honestly had it with the hero ball, the live ball turnovers, and the multiple times on defense he just takes plays off.

2. Go to a 4 out 1 in alignment with Garza as the 1 in (gives him plenty of room to roam) and Nunge, Weiskamp, Moss, and Bohannon as the 4 out.

3. Commit to 100% zone.

4. Commit to 100% pressure defense....full court, half court, trap, etc.
I went back and forth on 100% pressure defense with Ian Pike Hammer over the summer. Our team as it is currently constructed would get destroyed playing that defense.

I went back and forth on 100% pressure defense with Ian Pike Hammer over the summer. Our team as it is currently constructed would get destroyed playing that defense.

Playing Mr. Davis’s full court 2-2-1 zone press? Yes, would get destroyed.

Playing a 3/4 court press where the goal is to force the opponent to use shot clock getting into offense with the occasional halfcourt trap? Absolutely do-able and would help our defensive efficiency.

In order of most likely: Cook, Dailey, Kreiner (if Cook stays and sees a log jam, maybe he transfers to UNI or Drake), Moss (if he loses his starting job to the coach's son) Hard to see anyone else, but BB can be strange.

JBo needs to move to the shooting guard position, with Moss as his backup, maybe even CJFredrick. Toussaint at the point with Conner behind. I'm will those who wish Cook good luck...elsewhere. The bigs will sort themselves out minutes wise

Latest posts