Iowa's defense has been very impressive today

did i hear that gatens is 1-9 from 3?
yikes. we need that hand to heal, or we need matt to not take those shots till he's healed up.

did i hear that gatens is 1-9 from 3?
yikes. we need that hand to heal, or we need matt to not take those shots till he's healed up.

100% correct

Sit him if he isnt healthy...it isnt like he does anything well besides shoot (when he used to be able to make shots)

brommer with a block and now a steal. stepping up.
but can he make a FT?
at least he got one.
66-53 Iowa

Good job of closing out the game after letting Idaho St within 6. That's a big step for this young team, especially after blowing an 18 pt lead against Wake. Good job Fran and company.

9700 announced? how many showed up?

Need to figure out the 2nd half issues but its nice to see them take care of business. If we can find a way to beat UNI and ISU people in Iowa will really get behind this team!

we need gatens to get healthy. missing all those shots really costs us some serious scoring chances. i really like the guy, but not if he's unable to contribute like he's capable of. what are your thoughts guys?

Coach Fran in his post-game comments said that Gatens is starting to get his stroke back in practice and that it is "just a matter of time".

I sure like this Coach - smart and patient with the players - always positive, even tho he is very intense.

This team is going to start winning -

I was there.

Didn't feel like a 17-point win at all.

Was watching Brommer. Unsung hero for the game. A few nice stops, plays decent D, excellent passer. When he came back in (finally) in 2nd half, Iowa got some stops and put the game away.

Actual in stands? Far less than 9700. Probably 6K. Same size crowd IMO as the MSU wrestling meet I went to later than night which had a much more believable announced crowd of just over 6K.

Latest posts