Iowa's current roster + Evan Turner

TalkHawk

Take this Iowa team. Even leave Tucker off the roster, pretend he isn't there.

Add Evan Turner onto the team.

Where would Iowa finish in the Big 10 with this current team and Evan Turner?

If the coach enforced his system being played, it would struggle to be a low mid level, maybe even .500 team in the BT. Now, if coach could modify his system for the talent onhand, it would be interesting, but as we have seem, quite unlikely.

Take this Iowa team. Even leave Tucker off the roster, pretend he isn't there.

Add Evan Turner onto the team.

Where would Iowa finish in the Big 10 with this current team and Evan Turner?
Well, I am not good at predicting. My question would be, would the Hawks have beaten Ohio State in both games this year just if Turner didn't play for OSU? I would think yes.

Now, give us Turner as well and it would be very interesting for the overall season. We may have won at MSU, at home vs. Illinois, @ ISU (? I didn't see this game, so not sure), home vs Virginia Tech and home vs Duq (as well as both OSU games). It may be possible that we would have beaten Purdue at home as well.

Middle of the pack, but Evan Turner creates a lot of open shots for others if he was on our roster. So its hard to tell how good we could be.

Evan Turner would be benched or ran out of time because he dribbles the ball too much and tries to go one on one to often

We would be leading the Big Ten....no question about it

Would not be leading the Big Ten. We would be a middle of the pack team though, anywhere from 4th-7th. Turner is the play maker that this team needs, but as previously stated he would have to be allowed to play the way he can and not be slowed down.

We would be in a similar position as Ohio State is now. Tell me this doesn't look like a winner....

PG Cully
SG Gatens
SF Turner
PF Fuller
PF Cole

OSU would still be a little better than what we would be with Turner because they have the big guy down low, but we would be much improved from where we are which is most everyone's opinion. That tells us that recruiting is the biggest thing at the college level, not coaching.

Lauderdale is a big boy, but he's not really that impactfull. He does lead the big 10 in blocked shots but thats about it. He doesn't even take enough shots to be elegible for the big10 FG % ranking (which he would be leading hands down if he was).

His line from Sunday.... 18 min, 2 points, one rebound, one block.

I'll take cole over lauderdale

If the coach enforced his system being played, it would struggle to be a low mid level, maybe even .500 team in the BT. Now, if coach could modify his system for the talent onhand, it would be interesting, but as we have seem, quite unlikely.
Turner would play in the same system at Iowa. Matta and Lick coached at Butler and run the same system they ran at Butler. Turner is the type of player that we need, a guy that can create his own shot. I would take a guy that can play interior defense and rebound the ball over having Turner. Reggie Evans with 4 more incehes on him.

Matta has evolved a great deal since Butler. He went to Xaiver,got athletes,and has played fast break ball ever since. They spread the floor, let the guy on top(turner) create and kick. They drive to the bucket and finish with any of 4 guys. They mix up their defenses...lick is man to man,only. Now, maybe Matta plays like Butler does now, but Butler now does not play lick-ball. They push the ball up the court fast,just like OSU. Lick-ball is its own style now...Matta gets top talent,and lets them play.

Even with Turner on this team OSU would be better at ever position beside SF.
So, you don't think the Hawks beat OSU this year in either game if we have the same team and OSU does not have Turner (not even saying that we have him)? OSU played one sub yesterday (they have less of a bench than we do).

Latest posts