Iowa's best quarterback the last 2 years

Here's another point...if Ferentz is an idiot and all of these guys really CAN play QB, why do they keep coming here and willingly change positions from the day they commit?

That's a mystery!

And to the morons who think Ferentz should have seen that Weisman was our best RB by some type of magical brain flash or something...can you find something else to complain about? Even Weisman didn't know he was THAT good or he wouldn't have been a FB since his highschool days...and maybe give the OL some credit as what Weisman is great at is hitting the hole fast despite not being fast and being hard to bring down. He has 0 shiftiness or RB speed...so go back to being PO'd that Kirk has the audacity to chew gum or "the myth of Ferentz" that he shows no emotion because he doesn't play air guitar like your man-crush, Paul Rhoads...

Not sure of the number, but I remember a year or two ago it was said that we had like 20 or 25 players on our roster that played qb in hs.

As said previously, often times, the most athletic player on a team in hs is the qb.

Also, I would bet, while athletic, many of these former hs qb's probably can't throw an accurate deep ball, possibly/probably including Hyde. I am comfortable with our current qb rotation (3 deep)...i'd just would have liked the opportunity to have seen them rotate at least once.

If it was 20 to 25 that is crazy. Think about it 1 in 4 players are former qbs. We could have the most depth of any team at qb...everyone would be jealous.

The op's position is flawed. Because in hs you put your best players in position to dictate the game the most. So typically they play qb, rb, and lb. But you can't keep all of them at those positions. Tim dwight was a rb in hs. Chad greenway was a qb and safety. Djk and mcnutt were qbs. Nate meier was a rb. Weisman was a fb. Not to mention all the others that have changed position. People grow and sometimes they aren't cut out for certain positions when the competition catches up to them.

Here's another point...if Ferentz is an idiot and all of these guys really CAN play QB, why do they keep coming here and willingly change positions from the day they commit?

That's a mystery!

And to the morons who think Ferentz should have seen that Weisman was our best RB by some type of magical brain flash or something...can you find something else to complain about? Even Weisman didn't know he was THAT good or he wouldn't have been a FB since his highschool days...and maybe give the OL some credit as what Weisman is great at is hitting the hole fast despite not being fast and being hard to bring down. He has 0 shiftiness or RB speed...so go back to being PO'd that Kirk has the audacity to chew gum or "the myth of Ferentz" that he shows no emotion because he doesn't play air guitar like your man-crush, Paul Rhoads...

Ha. You said hitting the hole fast.

Latest posts