Iowa's BCS Resume Compared to 'THE' Teams

This was the most educated and knowledgeable piece written yet, showing why Iowa is where they are. Love it and need to send this to all the doubters.

Well, at least someone can tell the truth. Does anyone think that if Penn St, OSU or Mich had our S.O.S. and record that they would be ranked 8th in the coach's poll? Yeah - me neither.

Well, at least someone can tell the truth. Does anyone think that if Penn St, OSU or Mich had our S.O.S. and record that they would be ranked 8th in the coach's poll? Yeah - me neither.

They would be no worse than 4th, and no one would be saying a thing about it.

Can you get this out on the AP wire(or however you do that now..)? I would hope someone would bite on it....Great read!

Can you get this out on the AP wire(or however you do that now..)? I would hope someone would bite on it....Great read!

Today, you tweet it :)

Sign up for our twitter account, linked below...then retweet it...it spreads like wildfire.

I wonder if the "Big Ten sucks" meme would be perpetuated as vociferously and as loudly as it is if there were no Big Ten Network. It seems like on some level, ESPN/ABC & CBS (and following their lead, the majority of print journalism) have kind of just said, "Well fine. If you're going to build your own treehouse, then you can't come to my birthday party so there," stuck their tongues out, turned on thier collective heel, and stomped home, pouting at the lost ad revenue. "We'll show them," they said. And it's worked so far.
One could point to the B10's terrible record in bowl games of late, and to OSU's craptacular performances in BCS/NC games... but one could also do the same with Oklahoma. Funny, you just don't hear too much about the Sooners' repetitive bed-wetting in the standard media narrative, do you?

If we blow out UNI and every other game result and score remains the same, do the human polls have us in the top 5? I'd think we would be and I think that close win really could screw us.

I wonder if the "Big Ten sucks" meme would be perpetuated as vociferously and as loudly as it is if there were no Big Ten Network. It seems like on some level, ESPN/ABC & CBS (and following their lead, the majority of print journalism) have kind of just said, "Well fine. If you're going to build your own treehouse, then you can't come to my birthday party so there," stuck their tongues out, turned on thier collective heel, and stomped home, pouting at the lost ad revenue. "We'll show them," they said. And it's worked so far.
One could point to the B10's terrible record in bowl games of late, and to OSU's craptacular performances in BCS/NC games... but one could also do the same with Oklahoma. Funny, you just don't hear too much about the Sooners' repetitive bed-wetting in the standard media narrative, do you?

Don't hold your breath.

I think there is truth in this

I've thought about this too but the thing is, both ESPN and ABC show Big Ten games. Why would they want to down play a conference that still has games shown on their network. That theory doesn't make that much sense to me because of that reason.

This was an awesome analysis Jon.......BTW - if Iowa could get some love and be ranked 5th/6th in both polls.......we have a good chance at jumping Texas at Number#3 in the BCS since we are prolly gonna stay #1 in the computer polls!!!!!!

Win out and leave no doubt!!!!!!

I wouldn't hang your hat on iowa at #1 in the computers. A lot of what goes into those rankings is completely out of iowas control. only "wins" iowa can control. computers dont factor in margin of victory, so that don't even matter. If arizona takes a nose dive at the end of the year, that hurts iowa. if oregon loses to usc, that hurts boise st., and so forth. the human polls are what need convincing, but by years end, these will iron themselves out, style points or not, wins speak the loudest, and 12 of em would be screaming at them.

Latest posts