Iowa's 2015 Class

StanziUSA

I am happy to inform all of my fellow Hawk fans that we have been bumped up in the 2015 recruiting rankings. Per Rivals.com we jumped 4 spots (55 to 51, tied with Colorado, Rutgers, Minnesota, and Cinci) THATS FOOTBALL.

I'm totally kidding, a top ten revenue school should not be tied with Colorado. Im still embarrassed.

This class alone - given they are first that could have been sold on the new facilities and would spend their entire careers inside them - should be enough alone for Ferentz to be fired.

Top 10 revenue producing school with totally new facilities gets a class ranked in the 50's??? Job well done Kirk.

I think we have some good prospects in this class. I know it lacks the explosive players I'd like to see but it's not a huge miss. We got some solids prospects. Not guys that can make a difference immediately but a nice core of folks. I'd like us to get a couple juco if possible at de/lb and maybe WR to address that as I think de on the pass has been a huge miss for us in recruiting but I'm not as down on this class as some are.

I think we have some good prospects in this class. I know it lacks the explosive players I'd like to see but it's not a huge miss. We got some solids prospects. Not guys that can make a difference immediately but a nice core of folks. I'd like us to get a couple juco if possible at de/lb and maybe WR to address that as I think de on the pass has been a huge miss for us in recruiting but I'm not as down on this class as some are.

Haven't seen it but it's probably full of a few good slobberknockers and guys with limited speed. Typical Kirk class.

Just think- if a 51 ranked class outperforms and just knocks it out of the park, they could get to a performance level that could crack the top 25 at some point in their playing days. That's nothin to sneeze at fellas. We're back!

I hope we are looking for JUCO RB's and Linebackers. We are sorely deficient in playmakers at these positions. Our young linebackers may be in for another year of learning experience before they start to play like our last best tandem...two of which made some impact in the NFL this year.

Too bad. Was a 'perfect storm' to finally fire KF (one of the big risks of firing a coach is basically losing a yrs worth of recruits). Come to think of it, every yr has been a good yr to fire KF (when is our class ever ranked?). Plus, make a splash hire like Mich did with Harbaugh, all recruits stay, plus maybe get some extra fence-sitters or commits that decide to switch to a team that recruited them b/c they love the new hire.
Oh well. Can always dream...

Latest posts